Whether you’re tasked with the design and development of foodservice operations for your own company or working as an independent foodservice consultant, there’s no time for mistakes; unfortunately, there is a lot of room for error without the proper support. From cafes to bars, entertainment venues to convenience stores, here are the top five challenges foodservice professionals face when implementing a commercial tap system—and one simple solution.
From Customer Support to Custom Beer Towers: Top 5 Challenges
1. Unreliable or Unavailable Customer Support
When sourcing a commercial draft beer system, you may get a lot of promises but see very little action. Suppliers and sales staff may often be unavailable, and project management support may be non-existent. This can be especially disconcerting when overseeing a large design and installation project involving multiple locations across multiple cities or even states. Add in a tight timeline—is there any other kind?—and things can really go off the rails quickly.
2. Lack of Knowledge
Some draft beer system providers may talk a good game, but have little knowledge of their product, various commercial tap systems, or the industry. Many manufacturers utilize rep model, where sales people rep various lines of equipment. And while some may excel in one area, such as design, they may come up short in another, such as installation. One common problem is that many beverage dispense solution providers are not put through a comprehensive training program that covers all aspects of the process. A true partner should understand everything, from draft beer tower capabilities and remote system installation to troubleshooting and profitability.
3. Cookie-Cutter Systems with No Customization
Many beverage dispense providers take a “one-size fits all” approach to their projects. Of course, you know that what may work for one venue will not work for another! Whether it’s creating a unique draft beer tower that ties in with a particular brand and vision or solving an issue pertaining to space, customization is key. However, when a fabricator is willing to customize, they may require production time that takes months, a luxury most foodservice professionals can’t afford.
4. Cheap, Low-Quality Components
To turn the greatest profit, some beverage dispense companies may seek out finished goods or low-cost components and raw materials from foreign markets where quality control is minimal or non-existent. This affects the end-product, whether it’s improper cooling within a commercial draft beer system, poorly graded beer lines, or an unsatisfactory pour from the draft beer tower. Subpar equipment or components upfront ultimately means more maintenance and repair down the road.
5. No Options, No Choice: Lack of Various Commercial Tap & Beverage Dispense Systems
We’ve talked a lot about draft beer systems, however, your customer may want to offer more than just cerveza. Different venues have different needs, whether it’s wine, water, liquor, tea, or coffee (regular, cold brew, or nitro tap coffee). You may need an entire commercial system that allows you to offer any of these on tap. Unfortunately, finding a beverage dispense provider that can accommodate all of these is easier said than done. Many have put their focus on a particular beverage, forcing foodservice professionals to work with two or more companies—and that’s a lot of hassle.
The Micro Matic Difference: Experience in Commercial Tap & Beverage Dispensing Systems So We Can Better Help You
With over 60 years of experience, Micro Matic is a leading global supplier of draft beer and other beverage dispense solutions with a worldwide roster of distribution and service centers. We are fully committed to “quality without compromise,” so when you choose Micro Matic, you can count on:
- A national sales team of over 60 people, supported by a centralized project management team, to support installations coast to coast.
- Commercial draft beer systems that meet the standards of consistency and efficiency set by the world’s largest brewers, with digitally-inspected components that meet quality guidelines.
- Custom quotes within 24 hours, drawings in as few minutes as 48 hours, and production times of just 3-4 weeks.
- Knowledgeable installers, technicians, and sales representatives who’ve attended Dispense Institute training.
- Beverage dispense systems with the ability to dispense just about anything. Coffee on tap? You got it. Wine on tap? No problem. We’ve got you covered for any type of commercial tap and dispensing system. You name it, we can do it, so there’s no need to look elsewhere for your venue’s needs.
Want to learn more about Micro Matic draft beer systems, custom beer towers, and more? Drop us a line or give us a call. Cheers!