It is true, kegerators and kegerator kits are actually a much cheaper way to drink beer. Think about it; buying in bulk is always the best way to save. That's what a kegerator does; it allows you to buy beer in bulk. When you purchase beer by the keg, you pay 50% less than if you purchased bottled beer. Each time you make a run to the grocery store for a 12-pack, case, or 30-pack of bottled beer, you could be saving half the money by installing a kegerator unit in your home, and the required storage space is significantly less.
BENEFITS OF A HOME KEGERATOR
Keg Beer Cost Less than Bottles
Do the math and start saving! The average keg of domestic beer costs $160 and serves 165 glasses of beer, while the average 6-pack costs $8.50. You would have to spend $234 to equal the amount of beer from a keg. Serving beer from a kegerator saves you $74!
Entertain Your Guests with a Kegerator
Sure it's great to have a refrigerator full of cold beer when your friends come over for the big game but imagine amazing them with beer on tap. Kegerators are a cost-effective alternative to purchasing beer by the bottle, and Micro Matic brings you the largest selection of kegerator conversion kits on the web. Micro Matic's full line of kegerator kits are made with the same commercial-grade components you find at your favorite tavern. It's like having a bar at home!
Kegerators are Convenient
With a kegerator, cold beer is always at your fingertips! When you have a keg in your fridge, you have 165 cold beers ready to serve, no bottles to mess with, and no need to go on beer runs. Kegerators also free up space in your refrigerator, meaning you won't have to reorganize your food to find space for your beer. Forget the hassle of picking up empty beer bottles after your parties and get-together serve brewery-fresh beer from a kegerator. Kegerators Conversion Kits are Simple. Got a spare refrigerator? It can easily be converted into a kegerator. All of our kits include simple step-by-step instructional manuals that make installation a snap. Kegerator conversion kits are a great way to have a tavern-quality bar in your own home.
Standard Kegerator Kit Includes
- Brand new aluminum 5 lb. CO2 cylinder (legally shipped empty). Aluminum cylinders are lightweight, durable, do not rust, and are easy to handle. Aluminum cylinders are also superior in quality compared to most steel cylinders found on the market.
- Dual gauge CO2 regulator features a solid forged brass body, wire mesh inlet filter, quad-ring inlet seal, built-in pressure relief valve, 0-60 and 0-3000 PSI gauges, and a 3/8" O.D. outlet barb with shutoff.
- 4' of red thermoplastic super vinyl gas hose with re-usable snap clamps.
- American Sankey D System keg coupler features a stainless steel handle fork, a tin-nickel alloy plated probe, a short lever handle, a built-in pressure relief valve, and check valves for both the gas-in and liquid-out ports.
- 5' long super vinyl beer hose assembly. This brewery approved hose will not rot, swell, or dry out and is unaffected by normal beer line cleaning chemicals. Pre-assembled with a hex nut and neoprene washer on one end for connecting to keg coupler.
- 4" long PVC door spacer that allows secure shank installation without crushing the refrigerator door insulation.
- 5-1/8" long nipple shank assembly. The one-piece construction prevents leaks, and the barbed fitting allows easy connection of the beer line assembly—includes a shank, forged brass locknut, plastic flange, coupling nut, sleeve, and snap ring.
- Premium quality chrome plated solid brass beer faucet. Features a chrome-plated forged brass body, a PTFE lever washer for smooth, consistent performance and easy operation, a solid brass faucet lever, and a chrome-plated bonnet, shaft, and collar.
- High gloss black plastic faucet knob.
- Durable 6" x 4" stainless steel drip tray with 2" tall backsplash and no drain (no hassle with hoses and bottles). The backsplash has keyhole-shaped mounting holes that allow easy removal for cleaning.
- Faucet wrench for easy tightening the faucet to the shank.
- Complete, detailed, easy-to-follow instructions for quick installation.
Raise a Glass to Draft Beer Sales!
For over 60 years, Micro Matic has been recognized as one of the world’s leading suppliers of draft beer equipment. Specializing in keg-to-glass technology, we offer a total solution for meeting your draft beer equipment needs. Our dedication to customer service is supported by four regional sales and distribution centers, the Micro Matic Dispense Institute for training and education, and a Certified Installer Network for draft beer installations. Want to speak with a “perfect pour” expert? Contact Micro Matic today.