Fire fighter fights fire with beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire fighter fights fire with beer

Orginal Source: Firefighter Fights Fire With Beer From Truck That Was On Fire

No water? No problem. Apparently, there's another drink that will put out fire in a pinch.

A Texas firefighter was driving with his wife Monday evening when he happened upon an 18-wheeler engulfed in flames. Capt. Craig Moreau, who was off duty at the time, pulled over and tried to put the fire out with the on-board fire extinguisher, Houston radio station News 92 FM reports.

Unsuccessful, Moreau tried something else: The firefighter used the truck's beer supply to extinguish the flames.

"I crawled underneath and thought we'd got it out but it flared back up," Moreau recalled to the Houston Chronicle. "So I said to the driver, 'what have you got in here?'"

Beer. The truck was filled with Coors Banquet beer.

The driver grabbed some cans and Moreau started shaking them so the carbonization would force the beer to explode when opened. The pair were able to quickly put out the fire and save the truck's trailer -- along with most of the beer.

According to the Associated Press, no one was injured in the blaze. However, it could have been much worse had the driver not been hauling beer.

"Thankfully they were tall-boys," Moreau told News 92 FM.
    " ... I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is converting beer, wine, scotch, etc into urine...."
Working...
X