Deep Fryer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep Fryer

Hello...I just finished building a very high end kitchen and we have a deep fryer. We need to be able to drain the oil to an exterior wall a couple feet away. We were thinking possible a pony keg with braided lines but the oil may clog the lines unless it can be flushed. Then how would it be emptied? hmmm.... Just thought this site would have some creative ideas even though it's a beer site and not food.

Thank you,
    Brian

Homebrew / cornelious keg has a removeable center cap for cleaning which would be an easy way to dump it.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll look it up and see if something like that will work!

Cheers

Comment

Do you happen to have a link to the removable cap?

Comment

Look up Cornelius kegs on any home brew site cornelius keg, cornelius kegs, corni kegs, home brewing keg, home brewing kegs, cornelius keg connectors. The cap is what will allow you to dump the contents. You would need ball lock or pin lock fittings to go into the keg unless you make your own connections. They are basically soda kegs.
          What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

CAHEAT20/Brian,
            Honestly, I'd go with Jerry Cans (search 'net under term), cheaper and you can buy a spout, buy 2 5 gallon and switch out when needed. Pouring oil out of a corny could get messy, with jerry cans with spouts you can pour directly into a 55 gallon drum.
            KB

Comment

Is there any type of seal tight connector that goes onto either the Cornelius keg or Jerry Can that will allow a hose to drop the liquid into it? One concern is that ants will be an issue.

Also, does anyone know what type of tubing to use so it's less likely to clog? I doubt with the fryer cooking oils it would solidify but would prefer something that would be better if one product is better than the other.

Comment

CAHEAT20/Brian,
                Figured you just wanted to drain oil and not need to be a tight seal, if you want a tight down tube for oil, go with corny, use the fittings to drain oil and use the out to pump out the oil. Fittings are airtight, but I think largest ID is 3/8 inch (max probably 1/2). One side has a short tube (gas) and the other has a long dip tube (for beer) and can used to drain oil via some sort of pump. With jerry can, I figured you could just stick oil down tube through spout or jerry can opening, when need be just empty.
                KB

Comment

OK... Thanks for the help!

Comment

Commerical units use a screen fliter to keep out particles and a heated line to prevent clogging.
                    " ... I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is converting beer, wine, scotch, etc into urine...."

Comment

Homebrew / cornelious keg has a removeable center cap for cleaning which would be an easy way to dump it.

Comment

Working...
                      X