X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man drinks 90 cans of beer

From Australia
    Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

A NORTHERN Territorian who told police he drank up to 90 Melbourne Bitter cans the day before he got caught drink-driving has been banned from being behind the wheel for six months. Trevor Alexander Warren, 51, of Dundee Beach, represented himself this week in the Bathurst Local Court in New South Wales.The Western Advocate reported Warren33 was pulled over by police at 6.14am on Monday at a random breath testing station.Police told the court when they pulled over Warren's Holden utility, they noticed the smell of alcohol coming from the car.They asked Warren if he had been drinking. He told police he had finished drinking at 6pm the previous day.He told police he had consumed "between 80 and 90 full-strength cans of Melbourne Bitter beer and hadn't eaten while consuming the alcohol yesterday".Warren was taken to Bathurst police station for a breath analysis, where he recorded 0.108 - more than double the legal limit. Consuming 90 cans equates to drinking more than 33 litres of beer or about 77 schooners.Magistrate Michael Allen convicted Warren, suspended his licence for six months, and fined him $450.Chifley highway patrol Sergeant Peter Foran said it was not unusual for drivers to be charged with drink-driving the day after consuming alcohol, particularly coming into the festive season."If people have a big night on the drink they really have to consider the following morning. If there is any risk at all you might be over, don't drive," Sgt Foran told the Western Advocate.Amy Hetherington, from youth anti-binge drinking committee Y Change, said excessive drinking wasn't the way to go."It's a little bit ridiculous when you stop caring about your health and (the) safety of other people," she said."Alcohol is a part of Territory lifestyle but drinking that much is un-Territorian; people can have good time with alcohol but know their limits and drink in safe way with friends." - See more at:
    " ... I'm fortunate to have a chemical engineering background, and one of the things I enjoy most is converting beer, wine, scotch, etc into urine...."

I don't think i could drink that much water in a 24 hour period.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

That much water (or beer) would likley kill you. Of course they are basing the article on what a drunk guy told the police which is always good journalism.
      What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Wow! This is interesting. It is good that nobody was hurt. When my uncle was caught driving under influence, we took help of a very good DUI lawyer who helped in reducing his punishment and also saved his license. Driver license was the most important thing for him because he used to deliver food and earn money with it. Therefore, hiring a good lawyer was a necessity.
        Last edited by Pooler12; 09-21-2018, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Niice, but i could drink twice as much back to high school.

Comment

Drinking that much in such a short amount of time is likely to kill you.

Comment

Drinking that much in such a short amount of time is likely to kill you.
              Agree with this. I don't understand what good does it do to put the health at risk in such a way.
              Omne ignotum pro magnifico
              My blog about beer glasses

Comment

I think it is exaggerated, can't believe in the quantity and that he was prohibited to drive only for 6 months after it, in my opinion should be longer. Just came back from my vacation in Greece in this property in Athens and when to local beer pub where there was a completion who will drink more beer. Won an Irish guy who managed to drink 25 cans.

Comment

Omg,it's unreal,can't believe

Comment

Working...
                  X