This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip Jar

Anybody have a tip jar for their home bar? Do you have a humorous or pithy saying next to it that will encourage people to cough up?
    "I would kill every person in this room for a drop of sweet beer!" - Homer Simpson

Originally posted by darck1 View Post
    Anybody have a tip jar for their home bar? Do you have a humorous or pithy saying next to it that will encourage people to cough up?
    Okay. The wife and I finally came up with a saying in time for our "pool and beer" night on Friday...

The drink is free but not for me,
    The liquor store hates when I beg.
    This tip jar helps restock the bar,
    And get more beer for the keg.
    "I would kill every person in this room for a drop of sweet beer!" - Homer Simpson

Comment

Thats good. I have often thought about throwing a tip jar next my kegerator too. I work at a bar and we used to have a sign next to the tip jar that said "If you fear change, leave it here."
      Ed
      Blue Line Draft Systems
      www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

Originally posted by edramshaw View Post
        Thats good. I have often thought about throwing a tip jar next my kegerator too. I work at a bar and we used to have a sign next to the tip jar that said "If you fear change, leave it here."
        lol, I like that one.

Yeah, I figure... "I'm not the only one who drinks it - why should I be the only one who pays for it?"

Comment

tip jar

have always used this saying when i bartend nownthen." tipping is not a town in china". enjoyed your quotes dark1s and ed! cya...brian

Comment

I too, now us the "Tip Jar". Although the only thing it seems to gather are laughs. I don't really mind buying the beer as I do drink most of it. Most my friends drink Miller Lite, and I keep Amber Bock on tap. So they have to dink what I drink. But like I tell them it my tapper, so get over it! I do like the poem I might have to use that one. Thanks guys
            -Heischman-

-HEISCHMAN-

Comment

Tip jar

When we get together to play cards at my house, I have a jar beside the kegerator and politely ask the boys to just put in there what they think they would have spent to bring beer to the game. I'm not the "beer police" monitoring how much they put in vs. how much they drink, but it does help cut the cost of the keg.

Comment

The first one's on me
                for you to enjoy free
                but the beer next time
                is on your precious dime
                so for free beer, please don't beg
                your dollar helps fill the keg!

Comment

I dont mind paying since it helps keep my friends and family close.
                  BM23 (I love it, $$$ well spent)

Comment

Originally posted by scottz5 View Post
                    I dont mind paying since it helps keep my friends and family close.
                    I don't keep a tip jar, I don't mind paying. I also don't mind the favor being returned once in a while.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Originally posted by cubby_swans View Post
                      I don't keep a tip jar, I don't mind paying. I also don't mind the favor being returned once in a while.
                      I hear you. Many times they just bring some snacks, stuff for the grill, ect.
                      BM23 (I love it, $$$ well spent)

Comment

Must live in the Twilight Zone, everyone I know always brings their own beer and snacks. Plus, several have kegerators which are always full and open for use as a change up from what you bring. Also, at least one will bring a bottle of their favorite bourbon or tequila to add to the mix. Damn I love Richmond!

Comment

i painted a cute piggy bank with pix of beer and slogans like "feed da keg!". i don't my paying though, since i drink what i want, lol. mostly, i put money in there myself to save for the next keg.
                          there once was a chick from pawtucket,
                          whose hubby had just kicked the bucket,
                          he'd brewed all da beer,
                          which brought all da cheer,
                          so she built a keg fridge
                          and said !

beer. lubricating grad students since the dawn of man.

Comment

Working...
                          X