Canadian keg prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian keg prices

my wife has been in Canada this past week and I decided to check out some prices in their "beer store" a provincial ran type of thing. a 1/2 keg of coors light is $248.95 (includes $50 dep. and taxes) a keg of heineken is $295. 1/2 bbl of coors light here is $78 with a $10 dep. a keg of heineken here is $120 with a $10 dep. I almost crapped when I saw those prices [:0]

From the land of pleasant living, the Chesapeake bay
    Mark
    and hot steamed crabs!

Mark

I live in Md and I recently went to Boston to visit family and my nephew is buying 1/2 kegs of Bud light for just over $40 ( at store near colleges) . The best price I can find is $74.00 in Laurel. Anyone know why the huge difference for same beer in different states? I even checked near Univ of Md, Towson etc all even more than LAurel price

Comment

Could be taxes, freight costs, discounts, deposits, etc. Pricing varies considerably across the U.S.
      Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

This is where it pays to know a guy. I know a guy who distributes for Coors and I can get Killians, Coors etc. for well below market.

Problem is my POS avanit won't fit the Coors keg. Not that it's my favorite, but how can you argue about 1/2 barrel for less than 50 bucks? ?

Comment

Originally posted by sfurst View Post
          Not that it's my favorite, but how can you argue about 1/2 barrel for less than 50 bucks? ?
          LOL! Because it's Coors??
          Last edited by Skinsfan1311; 06-21-2007, 10:27 AM. Reason: Deleted text
          Hail to the Redskins!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank45 View Post
            Mark

I live in Md and I recently went to Boston to visit family and my nephew is buying 1/2 kegs of Bud light for just over $40 ( at store near colleges) . The best price I can find is $74.00 in Laurel. Anyone know why the huge difference for same beer in different states? I even checked near Univ of Md, Towson etc all even more than LAurel price
            I live in Glen Burnie.

Where are you buying your kegs in Laurel? Is it Corridor?

Thanks!
            Hail to the Redskins!

Comment

Originally posted by topgun3208 View Post
              my wife has been in Canada this past week and I decided to check out some prices in their "beer store" a provincial ran type of thing. a 1/2 keg of coors light is $248.95 (includes $50 dep. and taxes) a keg of heineken is $295. 1/2 bbl of coors light here is $78 with a $10 dep. a keg of heineken here is $120 with a $10 dep. I almost crapped when I saw those prices [:0]

Mark
              I live in the province of British Columbia and I payed $190 plus a $30 dep. for a 1/2 barrel of Richard's Honey. These prices are pretty close to what you will expect to pay for most domestics. Some micros can be even more than that!

Bottom line: it's still half the cost of bottles and the alcohol content of most Canadian beers is 5% and up.

Comment

we will be driving to Canada for a labor day week vacation and to see my wifes family and friends. while she is visiting them, I plan on heading to some bars and checking out some tasty brews, cant wait.
                and hot steamed crabs!

Comment

Canadian Beer Prices

Canada's beer prices are outrageous eh! Most Canadians I know come here to buy there beer in the US when they can. They also go to BOP's. Brew on premise places where you make your own beer. Now here's where the rub comes in. I can make a keg of beer in Canada for $89. Now for US domestics not a deal but when you start talking Newcastle or Bass it's $125 for a keg here in the US. Now you talk a Tetleys, Beemish or Caffreeys you are talking $155 keg here in the US. SO I don't drink much domestic so you know where I go to get my kegs! Also one good thing about NAFTA is the kegs are duty free coming back. CHEERS!
                  When in doubt just get hammered!

Comment

alaska, canada and the "lower 48"

up here in fairbanks alaska, working for the distributor, the best price i can get a keg of domestic is $102.75. and that is without a deposit just cos i work for the company. i can't wait to get back to the states...
                    -jomo

Comment

Originally posted by mctripj View Post
                      up here in fairbanks alaska, working for the distributor, the best price i can get a keg of domestic is $102.75. and that is without a deposit just cos i work for the company. i can't wait to get back to the states...

Couldn't you at least use your kegerator as a giant hookah in Alaska until you get back to the lower 48?
                      When in doubt just get hammered!

Comment

Working...
                      X