Plastic bag conical beer fermenter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic bag conical beer fermenter?

I wondering if it is possible for a conical fermenter to be made out of a plastic bag material. Rapak makes plastic bag products that are from 2 to 200 liters in size and have spouts on the bottom for dispensing beer or wine. They even have a conical shaped 6-gallon bag. Another company makes a product called Beer in Box that has a plastic liner bag inserted into a box with a spout on the bottom that is an affordable alternative to a stainless steel keg.

Any way, it seems to me that these companies could design an affordable plastic liner conical shaped fermenter bag that could be inserted into a hallow container. The product would have an air tight removable cap on the top, as well as a place to put in a water sealed gas relief valve, and two spouts on the bottom.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Why not just use the plastic container as your fermenter? That's what I use. A 6 gallon plastic bucket with a spiggot 2-3 inches from the bottom. What purpose would inserting a plastic bag into the container serve?

Once the bag was filled with beer, how would you get the beer out of the bag? I would think a fermenting bucket with a spiggot would be much more practical.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Conical fermenters are too expensive!

Every body would like to have an affordable conical fermenter but they are too expensive. Sure, the stainless steel is nice, but the lowest price I can find is $240 on ebay.

The conical fermenter permits you to save aome of the yeast to ferment your next batch.

Comment

Working...
      X