Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So do we Boycott All Bud Products now

InBev agrees to buy Anheuser for $50 billion - Yahoo! News

All them commericals about being a proud american company what a load of BS.

I for 1 will never drink another Bud Product!!!!!!

I already do.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Name one good Bud product that I would be missing out on?

I'm boycotting Bud for taste first.

Comment

I've avoided Bud for quite some time due to there being much better beers out there to choose from. There are so many good American breweries out there that people have either not heard of or are afraid to try. AB has just done such a good job of marketing through the years that we tend to think of little else when choosing a beer.

Category:Beer brewing companies in the United States by state - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Originally posted by psychodad View Post
          AB has just done such a good job of marketing through the years that we tend to think of little else when choosing a beer.
          Most people are lemmings.

Budweiser is usually my float trip beer or softball beer because a 30 pack is cheap and I have to have canned beer in those two situations. Or, if a bar has them cheap for happy hour, I'll have it then. Full flavored (I use that term LOOSELY) American macro beers are all pretty much the same to me. Little flavor but not terrible to have. The only American macro light beer I will consider is Miller Lite, because it has the most flavor of any of them. Bud Light and Bud Select make me gag. Literally. I live in the St. Louis area, and we have two great breweries in this area that bottle/keg their beer and distribute. O'Fallon and Schlafly. We have 3 additional brew pubs/brew restaraunts in the area that make great beer. And they are all locally owned. I will have no problem keeping my beer money going towards American owned companies.

Long story short, I really don't have to boycott AB. They may have over 50% share of the American market, but they probably only have about a 3% share of my beer budget.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

A boycott would be meaningless, especially if you're a bud drinker... you're just hurting yourself.

If you've kept up with this you'll know that this wasn't a choice they made willingly. They repeatedly rejected InBev's offers so InBev simply bought most of the shares in what amounts to a hostile takeover.

I think it sucks personally... It's not my first choice but I enjoy bud and bud light, especially cold and on tap. No matter what your personal taste is the brewery is a peice of American history, its a shame its now simply a subsidiary of a foreign brewery.
            Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

My understanding is that the sale still has to be approved by the shareholders.
              My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
              "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
              -Dave Barry-
              "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
              Strong beer is the milk of the old."
              -Martin Luther-

Comment

From what I read the board had to approve it, and they did with the new deal. They held out for quite awhile but caved to the $70 per share offer.
                Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by jumper View Post
                  From what I read the board had to approve it, and they did with the new deal. They held out for quite awhile but caved to the $70 per share offer.

The share holdes still have to approve it. But the major share holders are all investment groups. There is no way they will reject an offer of $70 a share, when it was worth $45 a few months ago. The board entered friendly talks with in-bev, because the board wants to make sure they all exit AB with their golden parachute, rather than simply forced out due to a hostile takeover. In-Bev has not purchased a majority of shares yet. They own 100 shares of AB right now.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Ya know, I said I was going to boycott when it went down, but have not yet started because, well, I just love Budweiser so darn much, not sure if I could do it.

Comment

The only time I drink an AB product is when my father in law offers me a bud. I only do it out of respect for him. I am sadden though to see an American company being taken over by a foreign one. Not that enough people will boycott AB, but remember there are still Americans working in the brewery that need jobs.
                      "No soldier can fight unless he is properly fed on beef and beer."
                      -John Churchill, First Duke of Marlborough

Comment

AB gets 0% of my beer budget but then again, I don't care for the product. But if you like it, buy it, and be happy because at the end of the day we all still really love our preferred Barley Pop(s)!
                        Last edited by whutever; 09-23-2008, 05:25 PM.
                        Beer - the 5th food group!

Comment

If you look at the big three American beer companies AB held out the longest. Miller was bought out by SAB (South African Breweries) in 2002, and Coors Merged with Molson in 2005. So AB held out 3 to 6 years longer than any of these others. So anybody that thinks that Miller or Coors is still American owned is mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                          X