cider |ˈsīdər|

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cider |ˈsīdər|

As I am almost finished with my refrigerator conversion, I've only the exterior painting left, I am looking for suggestions.

I will be using the dual tap shank. I figure that I will have room for a half keg of my favored beer & a sixth of something else. I am looking for something crisp & refreshing. I really enjoyed A-B's Doc Otis Hard Lemonade but it would seem A-B stopped production. I'm thinking a hard apple cider might be good. The only one I've tried, Ace Apple, was not what I was expecting. It almost reminded me of carbonated sauerkraut juice.

So, do you guys have any suggestions for a hard cider or hard lemonade in a 1/6?

I'll try & post the conversion process when I'm done. I think you will like it.

EDIT: I also acquired the double gauge - two keg regulator. I'm hoping the pressure settings for a hard cider will be similar to those of the beer settings. Ideas?

THE ICEMAN
    Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 07-12-2008, 09:02 PM.
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Alright guys, I'va been heppin' y'all with your refrigeration & elec questions.
    At least one of you must have an opinion on a hard cider or a hard lemonade & it's settings. Throw THE ICEMAN a bone will ya'?
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Originally posted by THE ICEMAN View Post
      Alright guys, I'va been heppin' y'all with your refrigeration & elec questions.
      At least one of you must have an opinion on a hard cider or a hard lemonade & it's settings. Throw THE ICEMAN a bone will ya'?
      My favorite cider is Magner's, but good luck finding a keg of it, I'm sure it would put a nice dent in your wallet. Strongbow is another good one, but again, probably not too easy to find on tap. Those are both imports from Europe, and I'm not sure which coupler they would use.

After that, depending on availabilty, this is the order I would pick a cider

Woodpecker
      Woodchuck

I like Mike's Hard Lemonade, it's good on a float trip when it's 98 degrees out there. Again, don't know if they even keg that.

And if you haven't painted your fridge yet, I'd go with a timeless candy apple red.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Thanks for the great info cs.
        And I have already started the paint job. It is a metallic black base coat with blue & yellow flames going up the front.
        I believe you will approve.

THE ICEMAN
        -Dave Barry-
        -Martin Luther-

Comment

I personally like Woodchuck its great out the tap

Comment

I have to say that my favorite is "K" cider but it's hard to find. As someone already said Strongbow is pretty good. You might have also want to try Hardcore. I believe it's made by Sam Adams.

Comment

My BF turned me on to Dry Blackthorn Cider when we were in San Francisco. The company that handles it is Sunshine Imports USA and if you email them, they can tell you if there are distributers in your area. I was thrilled to find there are two in my area, now to get my local beer distributer to get some for me.

Comment

Woodchuck has 4 varieties, they are made by Green Mountain Beverage out of Vermont. The Granny Smith is my favorite but may be too bitter, dark and dry and amber are both also nice. The other product the have is a perry or pear cider, very subtle flavors. They also import Strongbow on the East Coast. Check a local winery or cider mill in your area, buy the juice and ferment it yourself, it is fun and easy.
                Happy Tappy Draft Beer Services
                Serving Mid-Michigan and beyond

Comment

Originally posted by happytappy View Post
                  Woodchuck has 4 varieties, they are made by Green Mountain Beverage out of Vermont. The Granny Smith is my favorite but may be too bitter, dark and dry and amber are both also nice. The other product the have is a perry or pear cider, very subtle flavors. They also import Strongbow on the East Coast. Check a local winery or cider mill in your area, buy the juice and ferment it yourself, it is fun and easy.
                  Thanks! I sent them an email to see what is available in my area.

THE ICEMAN
                  -Dave Barry-
                  -Martin Luther-

Comment

strongbow

does anyone know where you can buy strongbow in the area or if a distributor can get it?

Comment

If you contact them directly, they can tell you what distributers in the area handle it. I would do that first so you would know if it can be gotten in your area. Then, armed with that info, contact your distributor and ask them to procure it for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X