when is a keg almost gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when is a keg almost gone?

What are some ways to tell how much beer is left in a keg?

Stefan

Scott the moderator in here said micromatic is working on a strip that will go on the keg and will be able to determine how much is left. I told him some company had that for the propane tanks and they were crap. the only way I know how to check is to lift up on it with one hand, if you can do that, you are running low
    From the land of pleasant living, the Chesapeake bay
    and hot steamed crabs!

Comment

I guess if you wanted to be more exact you could always weigh the thing but the old lifting technique is close enough for me.

Comment

I was trying to keep track of the number of beers poured. My beer glasses are 16 oz so I should get about 150 glasses.... only problem is I had a party at the house and... You get the picture.

Semper Fi,
        The Gunns

"Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin
        Semper Fi,
        The Gunns

"Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin
        Im a MicroMatic Beer Fanatic! Are you?

Comment

I am sure everone would have been happy to keep a tally. Like a little checklist on the table.

Stefan

Comment

if I kept a note like that laying around of how many brews I drank on the weekend, my wife would put her shoe in my butt so far I'd be spitting leather for a month [V]
            and hot steamed crabs!

Comment

Now, that is an excellent point.

Comment

i just keep a case of cans in the fridge next to the keg just incase....if i run out its the cans till the next day or two when i pick up a new one

Comment

thats what I do to tim, I usually blow a keg on a fri or sat. nite, and usually too tipsy to drive. a cold can of suds beats nothin []
                  and hot steamed crabs!

Comment

I have found that my keg taps out about 30 minutes after the KegStore closes, every time. I hope MicroMatic comes up with a guage. I have even tried pouring water on a keg, like you can do to check the amount of LP is in a tank, but it doesn't work with a keg.

Comment

My own ERP software calculates the rest in each keg by beer sales.

Comment

Ran out of 1/2 keg Guinness 3 times last year, with guest very up set - my solution, was to order another kegerator, from "micromatic", just to keep cold keg on hand (at the right temp 38 deg !!) Problem Solved

danb

Comment

This is the only product you need to tell how much beer is left in your keg... and it costs less than $2.00!!

SmartStrip Beer Keg Volume & Temperature Monitor
                          Mark Borland, Micro Matic USA

Comment

Wow, I never knew that strip existed. Thanks Mark!

Comment

Scott the moderator in here said micromatic is working on a strip that will go on the keg and will be able to determine how much is left. I told him some company had that for the propane tanks and they were crap. the only way I know how to check is to lift up on it with one hand, if you can do that, you are running low

Comment

Working...
                              X