Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memding
    replied
    Scott the moderator in here said micromatic is working on a strip that will go on the keg and will be able to determine how much is left. I told him some company had that for the propane tanks and they were crap. the only way I know how to check is to lift up on it with one hand, if you can do that, you are running low

Leave a comment:

• Beef Supreme
    replied
    Wow, I never knew that strip existed. Thanks Mark!

Leave a comment:

• Mark Borland
    replied
    This is the only product you need to tell how much beer is left in your keg... and it costs less than $2.00!!

SmartStrip Beer Keg Volume & Temperature Monitor

Leave a comment:

• danb
    replied
    Ran out of 1/2 keg Guinness 3 times last year, with guest very up set - my solution, was to order another kegerator, from "micromatic", just to keep cold keg on hand (at the right temp 38 deg !!) Problem Solved

danb

Leave a comment:

• pivo
    replied
    My own ERP software calculates the rest in each keg by beer sales.

Leave a comment:

• FloridaDude
    replied
    I have found that my keg taps out about 30 minutes after the KegStore closes, every time. I hope MicroMatic comes up with a guage. I have even tried pouring water on a keg, like you can do to check the amount of LP is in a tank, but it doesn't work with a keg.

Leave a comment:

• topgun3208
    replied
    thats what I do to tim, I usually blow a keg on a fri or sat. nite, and usually too tipsy to drive. a cold can of suds beats nothin []

Leave a comment:

• 2talltim
    replied

i just keep a case of cans in the fridge next to the keg just incase....if i run out its the cans till the next day or two when i pick up a new one

Leave a comment:

• BigStein
    replied
    Now, that is an excellent point.

Leave a comment:

• topgun3208
    replied
    if I kept a note like that laying around of how many brews I drank on the weekend, my wife would put her shoe in my butt so far I'd be spitting leather for a month [V]

Leave a comment:

• Stefan
    replied
    I am sure everone would have been happy to keep a tally. Like a little checklist on the table.

Stefan

Leave a comment:

• USMC - Retired
    replied
    I was trying to keep track of the number of beers poured. My beer glasses are 16 oz so I should get about 150 glasses.... only problem is I had a party at the house and... You get the picture.

Semper Fi,
    The Gunns

"Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Leave a comment:

• BigStein
    replied
    I guess if you wanted to be more exact you could always weigh the thing but the old lifting technique is close enough for me.

Leave a comment:

• topgun3208
    replied
    Scott the moderator in here said micromatic is working on a strip that will go on the keg and will be able to determine how much is left. I told him some company had that for the propane tanks and they were crap. the only way I know how to check is to lift up on it with one hand, if you can do that, you are running low

Leave a comment:

• Stefan
    started a topic when is a keg almost gone?

when is a keg almost gone?

What are some ways to tell how much beer is left in a keg?

Stefan
Working...
X