This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A wize man once said...

"Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Semper Fi,
    The Gunns
    Semper Fi,
    The Gunns

Im a MicroMatic Beer Fanatic! Are you?

quote:Originally posted by USMC - Retired

Semper Fi,
    The Gunns
    Much as I hate to (I've always loved this saying), I have to call foul on USMC. I was doing some research on Mr. Franklin recently and he never actually used this saying. He did say something somewhat similar in regards to grapes and wine. Sorry!
    "I would kill every person in this room for a drop of sweet beer!" - Homer Simpson

Comment

Someone should tell the guy making the t-shirts....

Ed
      Blue Line Draft Systems
      www.bluelinedraft.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by edramshaw

Someone should tell the guy making the t-shirts....

lol

And stop making money from it? Naaaah!

He may not have said it... but if he didn't he probably would have. The most authoritative quote I've seen that comes close is this one...

"Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards; there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy."

Now Ben Franklin DID say that... so it's close enough to be in the spirit.
        "I would kill every person in this room for a drop of sweet beer!" - Homer Simpson

Comment

But way too long to put on a T-shirt....
          "If you tap it, they will come."

Comment

Chance ??

"A fine beer can be determined with just one sip; but why chance it ?"
            Czech Proverb

Comment

Beer & Sex

"Beer is like Sex; none of it is bad, just some is better than others"
              rak

Comment

How about

"Pants on the ground! Pants on the ground! Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground!"

Instant classic.

Comment

Originally posted by darck1 View Post
                  Much as I hate to (I've always loved this saying), I have to call foul on USMC. I was doing some research on Mr. Franklin recently and he never actually used this saying. He did say something somewhat similar in regards to grapes and wine. Sorry!
                  BrainyQuote.com does attribute that quote to Ben Franklin.

Comment

Working...
                  X