Beer Must Be 38 Degrees!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Must Be 38 Degrees!

Some people say they like their beer warmer, and some people just don't care if the temp is exact. But this article explains in depth why you MUST keep your beer at 38 degrees.

STLtoday - News - St. Louis City / County

Home Brew IPA

The link seems to be dead now. Nevertheless, my beer is fine at 45. Were they suggesting that all beers must be that cold? If so, what reasons did they cite for keeping it 38?
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Originally posted by psychodad View Post
      The link seems to be dead now. Nevertheless, my beer is fine at 45. Were they suggesting that all beers must be that cold? If so, what reasons did they cite for keeping it 38?
      dammit they moved the article I guess. It was a joke. It's about a woman who killed her husband because he gave her a warm beer. Here's the copy/paste....

Woman charged in fatal beer spat has died
      By Kim Bell
      ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
      03/18/2008

Corine Jones and her husband Robert Booker

ST. LOUIS -- Almost overnight, Corine Jones had become the butt of a joke, fodder for the late-night comics. Charged with shooting her husband to death after he brought her a warm beer, Jones was locked up in the City Jail to await trial for his murder.

Jones lingered for months at the jail, her health deteriorating rapidly from the ravages of stomach cancer and dementia. Quietly, without public fanfare, her public defender won her a medical furlough last Christmas. In January, she finally died at a skilled nursing facility in the city, without ever standing trial. She was 67.

"She was severely mentally ill when she came in," said Patrick Schommer, the assistant to the city's commissioner of corrections. "Some people thought it was a funny story, but it was actually very sad."

Her husband of 25 years, Robert Jones, 71, was killed on Dec. 3, 2006. Corine Jones was charged with first-degree murder and armed criminal action. According to police, Corine Jones said she shot him because he tried to give her a warm can of Stag beer. It was warm because their one-story home on Terry Avenue had lost power in an ice storm.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Good enough reason for me! If only he would have set the beer outside during the ice storm for awhile.
        Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Working...
        X