This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg Bar

I have used a kegerator conversion kit for the past several years, but am now looking to dump it and build a bar that will also store my kegs cold. Being in college I only drink from Full size kegs, anything else will be a waste of money. There are not very many options on keeping full size kegs cold within a wood bar, other then purchasing a small kegerator to fit inside, or a commercial refrigeration unit.

With that said I was wondering some ideas on a way to build an insulated keg box, that i can run my tower from. This will need to be big enough to store two full size kegs at 40 degrees. With this idea I found there are two major schools of thought. One, use a small refrigerator/freezer with the door removed, and a temperature controller to keep the box cold. I have also seen ideas of people using an altered window mounted air conditioning unit to get the job done.

The air conditioning unit looks to be a better situation for me, but there are problems. How many BTU's will I need? How do I remove the original Thermostat and replace it?

I would appreciate any ideas or thoughts on this project.

David Morris
    Mechanical Engineering
    University of Arizona
    The University of Arizona, We Pre-game harder then others party.

Why don't you purchase a multi-keg True box, mount it under your bar, and run the multi tower throught your counter top. Problem Solved! Plus you will also be assured of always having cold beer - True is probably the manufacture of the keg box that your favorite pub is using....

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaDude View Post
      Why don't you purchase a multi-keg True box, mount it under your bar, and run the multi tower throught your counter top. Problem Solved! Plus you will also be assured of always having cold beer - True is probably the manufacture of the keg box that your favorite pub is using....
      You realize that this thread is about 2 1/2 years old?
      My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
      "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
      -Dave Barry-
      "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
      Strong beer is the milk of the old."
      -Martin Luther-

Comment

Iceman, I have addressed this via a private message. Thanks for your attention to this.
        Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Working...
        X