kegerator sickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kegerator sickness

got a new fridge a couple of weeks ago so i took the old one and converted it. it will hold 3 kegs in different size combinations. it works great and i am now in the process of fine tunning it. i thought i would just throw in the keg and that would be it. after viewing this forum i have learned that there is a lot more to it. i am really into it and enjoying the great tasting beer. there is a slight problem though.
    i fear i am paying too much attention to my kegerator not to mention the increase in beer consumption. i dont seem to have control over myself. i think about it night and day. i feel like a kid on xmas day with his first train. is this a normal reaction or should i seek help?
    can anybody relate?

Like a kid at Christmas, this will wear off! Be careful not to invite to many of your friends over to enjoy your new toy, this will prolong your fetish!

Comment

Good hobby

Yep I know the feeling Ive done just about all the mods to my danby that I can now I just sit there and drink the beer and look at my kegerator wondering what I can do next ............some guys pimp there rides chrome there bikes and lift up there trucks .....well my ride is pimped my bike is chromed and my truck has been lifted now all I have is my trusty kegerator and Im running out of stuff to do to it ........................looks like I will just drink the beer and to answer your question yes its normal and you are a normal person ...keep on drinking the cold beer and enjoy your work and bask in your glory

Comment

Learn to brew your own beer. Then you can have some really good beers to serve in your kegerator and you will have a new beer hobby to get your mind off of kegerator improvements.
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

thanks the replies. of course i was just kidding about seeking help.
          i am only working on my second 1/4 barrel. coors light and now bud light.
          thought since i now drink 64oz a day instead of 24 it would be better for me and i also wanted to get the bugs out of my system before trying more expensive brews. i have been drinking corona for the past 8 yrs. i do mix in some Heineken, stella, or gordon bierch marzen on occasion. can i brew beer that taste like these? after drinking these draft light beers for 3 weeks now i think they taste better than corona.

Comment

You could brew more than those. There are many clone recipes out there that will leave you wanting to explore different beers even more. Not to mention that the actual brewing is a very enjoyable hobby.

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

Comment

i would like to dispense my brew from my kegerator. can you steer me to a how to site on brewing with kegerator. i noticed that most sell a non pressurized keg with their kits.

Comment

which is better pinned lock or ball lock corny keg.

Comment

The forums at realbeer.com are awesome for the home brewer or anyone interested in home brewing IMHO. In addition to home brewing, they discuss everything about beer. Kegerators, different beer varieties and even off topic discussions. I think Micro Matic even advertises on their site.

Here is a link to a current discussion that mentions kegging in corny kegs: Realbeer.com Beer Community - New guy questions

Feel free to jump in or post your own questions. That's the thing about realbeer.com, even if a question has been asked a million times, nobody ever seems to refuse to help.

Comment

Greetings to all...........It all boils down to this.Practice makes perfect!!!!! mr. dickle and i bid you good evening.cya...................brianatkcdraft

Comment

Working...
                    X