Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying a Cider Press vs. Building Your Own?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a Cider Press vs. Building Your Own?

Hello, I'm new to the home brewing scene so am after some advice. I have actually brewed some wine in the past so I am a little familiar with some of the processes but its been a while. I'm now keen on giving beer and cider a go, especially keen to try out cider as its my wife's favourite tipple. I'm more of a beer man generally but during the hotter months, I do enjoy a refreshing cider myself. Anyway, first things first, I have all the brewing kits and equipment, the only thing I'm really missing is a cider press. Now I'm sure an old mate of mine that used to do brewing, put together a make shift cider press back in the day and it worked a treat. Can anyone tell me if its a pretty simple thing to knock-up or for the hassle, am I just better going out and buying one, maybe just picking-up a second-hand used one? Thanks.
    Last edited by 12many; 04-26-2016, 08:05 AM.

I've seen some Youtube videos of people making their own make-shift cider press using various different methods and its not that expensive to do. If you've got a lot of the materials lying around the home then it will cost you hardly anything. I'm just not sure I can be bothered as after further looking, you can get them relatively cheap anyway and pick up a half decent one second-hand for under

Comment

Just bought one online so all good.

Comment

Making cider presses on your own can be a bit of a hassle so it is better that you bought one online.Cider should be stored in a cool dry and dark place similar to a wine cooler http://www.bestbrandappliance.ca/en/...5-Wine-Coolers I recently bought one from a neighboring kitchen and home appliance store called best brand appliance or even wine cellars.

Comment

Working...
        X