Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted to Share with the forum faithfuls...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted to Share with the forum faithfuls...

My current setup. The kegerator itself isn't fancy, but I've put some real **** into building around it. Please feel free to let me know what you think of my sports bar in progress, in my home.

Great home bar. If I could get some kids to move out of the house...
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

LOL...thanks for the compliment. I planned it out pretty good I think. Get the bar first, then kids. My wife and I are expecting our first in January.

Comment

Thought I'd give you a shout to tell you how much I appreciate the bar. Hey, I've written you a personal message sir. I'm an Avanti kegerator owner myself, and you may have a few tips for me. I've overcome a lot of the problems through trial and error (lots of error), but would love to hear from you. I've left my email address on my personal message to you.

Comment

beautiful homebar sfurst. id like to have one in my basement cause I live on the waterfront and all the neighbors are friggin lushes. but hurricane isabel roared thru 4 years ago, there went that idea
          From the land of pleasant living, the Chesapeake bay
          and hot steamed crabs!

Comment

Great Bar! Quite a few coats of Polyurethane I bet.
            Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Zuhse View Post
              Great Bar! Quite a few coats of Polyurethane I bet.
              You won't believe me when I tell you no, but...NO! I found something better at a local Sherwin-Williams...its a two-part compound that you mix together and it creates a very thick almost laquer sealant...mix it one for one and it pours on the top. I left a 1/8 inch raised edge around the bartop, so I just poured it on, and it self-leveled. It was really the easiest part of the bar finishing.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I've just recently added a 4 person pub table in one corner, so know the bar seats 8 to 10 comfortably, so come on over!

Comment

Very cool. Not a lot of space, but you really have everything covered, so what else do you need? What do you typically keep on tap?

Comment

Originally posted by Constrictor View Post
                  Very cool. Not a lot of space, but you really have everything covered, so what else do you need? What do you typically keep on tap?
                  This summer, I've been keeping a seasonal honey wheat beer on tap from our local microbrew. I think before the winter, I'm going to switch the system over to a two tap faucet and keep a popular everday beer for everyone and a the local brewery's seasonal Porter for those who take their beer enjoyment seriously...

Comment

great bar

very nice set up.................. just one problem change the miller lite sighn for a Budweiser one and your set lol.............really nice bar

Comment

Looks good, keep the miller neon, add maybe a molson one, def not a bud sign, save the space for good beers

Comment

budwieser

is there such a thing as bad beer.......some just better than others They dont call it the King of beer for nothing

Comment

Yea I know im j/k, I moved from up north down to FL, and bud is all that anyone drinks down here. It is prob the only beer I wont drink however, I like keystone light better.

Comment

Outstanding setup! Noticed the Knob Creek on the back bar. Might suggest some George Dickle white lable beside it!Many sympathies to your Cubbies.

Comment

Working...
                            X