Frozen drink rail in bar surface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen drink rail in bar surface

I have heard and seen (just can't remember where) of frozen rails in the bar surface for keping your drinks cold while seated at the bar. I'm sure they are chilled by a glycol system. I'm interested in installing this in one of my accounts and I'm looking for any info on manufacturers of this product. Any info would be appreciated.

Beer Dr.,
    When I was at the MM dispense class, one of the other participants was the owner of the Capital City Ale House in Richmond VA. Their contact info is Capital Ale House - Reviews - Beer Advocate

They said it was a good marketing gimmick, but a real pain in the butt to maintain and it didn't really (read: "at all") keep the glass cold. Also, you have to completely empty the "trough" every night and start with fresh water the next morning since it gets dirty and gummy. I recall he had to use distilled water (or something special) so that the ice would be clear; tap water freezes too cloudy.

I got the impression that if they had to do it again, they wouldn't. I think they were one of the first places to get one, so perhaps the technology has improved. I think his name is Chris.

Cheers.
    Draught Prophets
    www.draughtprophets.ca

Comment

Steve,
      Thanks for the info I'll be in touch with the Capital Ale house. I'm sure my customer will not be looking for alot of extra work. I'll let you know how I make out!
      Vern

Comment

If you are still looking for info on ice rails, Chill-Rite has one available. CHILL*RITE 32 Beer Dispensing Systems

It is basically an insulated stainless steel tray that has refrigeration lines running through it. It also needs a location for the compressor unit near the bar.

Dennis

Comment

Thanks Dennis, I tried to email you but it came back.

Comment

Working...
          X