BEER IN MY REGULATOR and CO2 tank!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BEER IN MY REGULATOR and CO2 tank!!!!

I am not 100% sure what happened but I had a new keg and connected it (these are Cornelius keg). I came back several hours later and my CO2 was empty of gas! The beer was in my pressure line all the back into my CO2 tank! I had to opened the value and hold it upside down to drain it!!!!!

Can I clean this ... what harm did it do to both my co2 tank and my regulator!

Regulator can be opened up and cleaned out. I would just go to a co2 place that swaps tanks out so you don't have to deal with trying to get that cleaned out and dried properly. And then buy one of these for your regulator..

Beer Gas Regulator Shutoff
    Last edited by PointPleasantNJBeerguy; 06-13-2014, 09:06 AM.
    What I got:
    Beverage Air #BM23
    with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
    -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
    -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
    -MM S/S Keg Couplers
    YouTube video of the goods

Comment

I brew and use nothing in my kegerator except corny kegs. I do not have a check valve in my gas line and have never had a problem. That being said, the check valve shutoff valve however is an excellent idea and I should be ordering one.

For beer to get into the tank, the pressure in the keg would have to be higher than the tank and the beer would have to reach the gas in dip tube. Beer reaching the dip tube could only happen if the keg was overfilled or turned on its side enough. I suppose there could be other possibilities, but nothing is popping up before coffee. I also suppose the dip tubes could have been installed in the wrong posts. But even then it should have been difficult for this to happen as many brewers connect gas to the beer out post to force carbonate.

Get a check valve and do as the above post suggests.
      Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
      but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Working...
      X