Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brewer's Edge Digital Temperature Controller 2. Anybody have one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewer's Edge Digital Temperature Controller 2. Anybody have one?

I am so frustrated with my Avanti that I just ordered the digital temp controller. Anybody have any opinions? I hope this will fix the temp fluctuations. Also, what temp and pressure should I use for Sierra Nevada at sea level? Thanks

I'm going to guess that this temp controller will be better than what you have. However I think you will also want to look into tower cooling and air circulation to solve what seems to be a common source of foamy beer in these lower end kegerators.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

At 38 F keg beer temperature , apply 14 PSIG.
      Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

I have the Avanti as well and purchased the Brewers Edge Digital Temp Controller and it works great. Plug it in and crank the thermostat inside the Avanti to the max and it will work just fine. I have the probe in a gl*** of water, and set it to 38.
        AVANTI BD6000 MOD's
        MicroMatic Tower with Faucet
        MicroMatic Stainless Faucet
        Brewer's Edge II Thermostat
        MicroMatic Primary Single Gauge
        MicroMatic "D" System Coupler
        MicroMatic 12" Stainless Flush Drip Tray
        Dayton Blower

Comment

Originally posted by ashman View Post
          I have the Avanti as well and purchased the Brewers Edge Digital Temp Controller and it works great. Plug it in and crank the thermostat inside the Avanti to the max and it will work just fine. I have the probe in a gl*** of water, and set it to 38.
          Did you run the probe line through the door lining, as it says you can, or did you drill a small hole to insert?

I'm fixing to have to buy one for my POS avanti and I'd rather not drill a hole if I can help it. But I wasn't sure how efficient it was to wrap around the door seal, even though the product manual says that you can do this.

Comment

I actually took the collar off the inlet for the gas line and then used the opening for both the probe line and the gas line. Sorry for the delay in my response.
            AVANTI BD6000 MOD's
            MicroMatic Tower with Faucet
            MicroMatic Stainless Faucet
            Brewer's Edge II Thermostat
            MicroMatic Primary Single Gauge
            MicroMatic "D" System Coupler
            MicroMatic 12" Stainless Flush Drip Tray
            Dayton Blower

Comment

Working...
            X