Best Kegerator for the money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Kegerator for the money

Ok Pros. If you had to have the best kegerator that money can buy, one that has no uneven cooling issues, leaks, crappy thermostats, etc, which one would it be? Which brand is the BMW of kegerators? I dont mean the most expensive, but the best quality (it may be the most expensive) that is built just right.

Reason I am thinking is because I spent $900 on my Summit and its basically a crappy fridge converted to a kegerator...crappy seals, inconsistent thermostat, tower not cooled. Could I have spent some more and bought one that was built right? Maybe, but I didnt know enough. I enjoy beer so much that I may "upgrade" in a few years.

So fire away...

I think most will say a BevAir is the king of prebuilt units. The downside being that they are noisy.

For my personal opinion, the DIY option is king.

I converted my fridge years ago, built it exactly like I wanted and can store 1) 1/2 barrel and a 1/6th. It's pretty much silent and no need for a tower cooler or internal fans.

Comment

BigKutta,
      I concur with Sketch, if you have the money, go commercial, but the best way is DIY.

Another point is that 1 keg commercial kegerators are not made to be built-in, you can try and vent or "leave enough room" but really aren't made to be put into a cabinet (needs to be service from behind also).
      KB

Comment

Originally posted by KillianBoy View Post
        BigKutta,
        I concur with Sketch, if you have the money, go commercial, but the best way is DIY.

Another point is that 1 keg commercial kegerators are not made to be built-in, you can try and vent or "leave enough room" but really aren't made to be put into a cabinet (needs to be service from behind also).
        KB
        This is the issue. I basically see the Perlick kegerators for under counter installs

Comment

BigKutta,
          Yes, yes yes, Perlick is a commercial unit that can be built in, I been corrected many a time for leaving them off the "commercial" list. How's this look at how much it would cost for any Perick vs. any "true" commercial 2+ keg set up and post back what would you buy.
          KB

Comment

Perlick is over priced for there single keg units.And was never fond of there single unit setups. Also now there single unit is
            36" wide.Go BevAir, True, Glastender made in USA. Or an other option is the Micromatic unit. I am very happy with the bevair unit but can be noisy if in a living space.
            What I got:
            Beverage Air #BM23
            with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
            -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
            -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
            -MM S/S Keg Couplers
            YouTube video of the goods

Comment

Originally posted by KillianBoy View Post
              BigKutta,
              Yes, yes yes, Perlick is a commercial unit that can be built in, I been corrected many a time for leaving them off the "commercial" list. How's this look at how much it would cost for any Perick vs. any "true" commercial 2+ keg set up and post back what would you buy.
              KB
              Only issue with Perlick is that it doesn't accommodate a full keg. wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by BigKutta View Post
                Only issue with Perlick is that it doesn't accommodate a full keg. wtf?
                Where did you read this??
                What I got:
                Beverage Air #BM23
                -MM S/S Keg Couplers

Comment

There is a Perlick built in model that holds only a sixth. HP15TS. Can't believe someone would pay $3400 for that.
                  What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Originally posted by djc View Post
                    There is a Perlick built in model that holds only a sixth. HP15TS. Can't believe someone would pay $3400 for that.
                    That's a residential model. They also have a 24" model. Commercial one is 36"w
                    What I got:
                    Beverage Air #BM23
                    -MM S/S Keg Couplers

Comment

I understand that, they have a whole line from 15"-48". Built in, outside, stand alone, you name it. I was only answering the question about the unit that wouldn't hold a half.
                      Last edited by djc; 10-15-2013, 03:30 PM.
                      What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Y'know, the original question was "Best kegerator for the Money", there is a 15 inch the will only fit a 1/6 keg, there is a model the will fit a 1/2, but for this price of this you could buy a Pro-Line, a little more money the Bev-Air, which can hold 3 kegs. So unless someone has an opinion of how much better the Perlick is to either, I'd say the Perlicks are 3rd or 4th in line as to money vs. quality.
                        KB

Comment

Working...
                        X