Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condensation and Lock Corrosion Issue

Hi All,

I have two issues that I am hoping the collective here can help with. See picture attached.
    pic28145(1).jpg

Background Info - My unit is the Beverage-Air BM23-S-31 and is approximately 2 years old and works fine. This is the stainless unit with extra insulation to help with outdoor usage. During the first year of ownership, when I acquired the unit we lived in Buffalo, NY and the unit was in the house (dining room). During Year 2, we have moved to Houston, TX and now the unit resides in my garage. The garage is not climate controlled so while the unit is not subjected to wind and rain or other elements, it is exposed to a very warm garage for a good portion of the year.

Issue #1 - In the picture attached you can see a good deal of condensation build-up around the door? The door gasket appears to seal properly. Is this condensation simply a "live with it" condition of keeping my kegerator in a 90*F garage or does anyone have any idea how I might be able to prevent this condensation.

Issue #2 - The lock on the door of my unit doesn't appear to handle the condensation well and so any condensation that builds up inside the lock and drips out of the key-hole runs down the door face. A little Barkeepers' Friend keeps this neat and clean on the door, but the lock itself either is not stainless or isn't of the same quality as the unit and so the lock no longer has its nice look to it even though it functions fine. While this unit is in my garage for now, in about a year it will be moving inside to the bar/man-cave. So I want to keep it looking nice. Are both these caused by the same issue or separate? Is there a better lock that I should replace this with?

I'd appreciate any suggestions from the forum.

Have you tried the flashlight test on the gasket? Looks to me like you aren't sealed when the door is closed.
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

The bev air units will sweat around the door and around the tower very common. And as for the lock the lock is chromed brass.its just conducting cold through the door.you can take lock assy out easy enough to clean up. Just loosen the plastic nut on back side of lock then put key in door and remove the plastic bolt all the way an pull tumbler out and clean up with a fine steel wool or what not.
      What I got:
      Beverage Air #BM23
      with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
      -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
      -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
      -MM S/S Keg Couplers
      YouTube video of the goods

Comment

Working...
      X