Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverage Air BM 23 tripping gfci outlet

I unplugged my BM 23 six months ago,
    tried to plug it in today and it keeps tripping off the gfci plug. I did spray some cleaner on the inside, would this have caused an issue?

Where exactly did you spray the cleaner & did you give it a chance to dry out? If any of that cleaner got into the windings of a motor then that could be the reason why. You might try setting the unit out in the sun for a few hours with the door wide open to dry things out.

​THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

My BM23 would trip the gfci outlet at random times. The unit is located on a concrete slab under my patio cover. Rather than risk losing a keg of beer to spoilage I replaced the gfci receptacle with the original one and placed a rubber mat in front of the unit. The unit is grounded and if anyone was to draw a beer while barefoot, the rubber mat should protect them. It is no more risky than any other electrical appliance.

Comment

I would be willing to bet if you called Bevair they would say don't run the unit on a GFI anyway..
        What I got:
        Beverage Air #BM23
        with a "Sexy" Double Faucet Tower and Celli Eurpean Faucets
        -MM Premium Double Guage Primary Regulator
        -MM Premium 2 Product Secondary Regulator
        -MM S/S Keg Couplers
        YouTube video of the goods

Comment

I guess it could be a liability issue, but I doubt many people have their stove or refrigerator connected to a gfci protected outlet.

Comment

Working...
          X