Funky Regulator--Need Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funky Regulator--Need Help!!

So I've posted on here a few times now. First, about foam. Second, about more foam. But this time, I'm having pressure issues. I had fixed my foam problems and my set up was working great, and then today I bought a keg and when I tapped it and went to set the psi, the gauge immediately shot up to like 14 psi and I heard air leaking from somewhere in my regulator. I finally got the leak to stop just by tightening a bolt, but when i went to set the psi again, it jumped to 14 psi. So after tinkering with it, I went to set it at 8 again and I got it to set there. But then I noticed that it started to slowly creep up. I went out for an hour and when I came back, the psi was once again at 14. I have no clue what could have happened since it's last use--I haven't done anything to it at all to make it act any differently. Anyone have any idea whats wrong?

deanger1,
    You did have a drifting problem before, so make sure isn't near empty (count back kegs 1/2 lb. for each 1/2 keg), check connections, if full tank and everything fine and still have a leaky, drifting regulator, repair or replace.
    KB

Comment

KillianBoy,
      I only used this tank for 1 keg so there's no possible way it could be empty. i think i'm just gonna buy a new regulator.

Comment

deanger1,
        Up to you, I'd make sure that you are doing everything right, tank valve open all the way, try dropping PSI below 10 by releasing keg pressure or relief valve on regulator, then adjust up. If you have been getting perfect pours at 8 PSI either something is wrong with regulator or your beer is really cold. Keystone at 8 PSI needs to be at 28 degrees.
        KB
        Last edited by KillianBoy; 10-05-2012, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X