Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beer is pouring very slow out of my ******* faucet help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer is pouring very slow out of my ******* faucet help!!!

i just bought a 5 gallon bootleggers- old world heff keg and tapped it. i have a keezer with a tower on it and its running at 36 deg. the co2 pressure is at 10 psi and i just put new lines in my keezer and they are 10 foot long. i used to have the standard 5 foot long lines but people told me to switch to 10 foot because foaming issues will be less. so i installed the 10 foot lines and just tapped the keg but the beer is pouring out very slow and its at 10 psi don't know what i am doing wrong so can someone help me out??? when i had the 5 foot lines the beer would pour out really fast at 10 psi.

This is because of the additional friction added by the longer line.

Trim the line in 6 inch increments to find the length that works best for you, I did this and ended up at 7.5ft. My beers typically dispense at 12psi.

Comment

He refuses to take the time to balance his beer, no telling what pressure he should have. Just because his 10 psi worked fine before doesn't mean anything because he has changed beers. It Is likely that the 6" trimming will go on until a foam situation is declared again, or the beer goes flat from being under pressure.
      What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

djc i read the chart to balance the system and put it to 12psi for the brewery keg i had with the 5 foot line it was still pouring out to fast and foamy. i went to a bar close to me and they said they had the same problem with the beer it would have foam trouble. i will try trimming the line little bit
        Last edited by beer bro; 09-16-2012, 04:08 PM.

Comment

beer bro,
          djc is right either you are being vague on purpose or just don't understand what we are trying to get from you, because you refuse to post temperatures and what numbers you are using, you said in your other post:
          "i just put my kitchen thermometer in a plastic arrowhead bottle filled with water to get a reading of the temp inside my keezer. when i pour a pint and then measure the temp its at 40 deg"
          did this mean you measured the 2nd glass at 40 degrees with the Bruery keg (did you mean this when you said brewery keg?), if so 40.0 degrees at 2.6 v/v gets you around 13 PSI.
          You said:
          "its running at 36 deg."
          do you mean you set the ETC at 36, interior temperature, temperature of a bottle of arrowhead water, what is running at 36 degrees??? what chart are you using, what v/v are you using for this chart, is this what brewery told you, bartenders, guys on the street, homeless guy under the bridge, who gave you the v/v of Bootleggers beer? If you don't have the v/v you can't balance, if you don't have the "actual" temperature of the beer in keg you can't balance. Sure you can cut the beer line down for the Hefe, then you go to a lighter beer next keg and flows fast and foam, then what drop PSI to 4, foam. How's this tell the forum how you came to the conclusion to set the PSI at 10, then maybe someone can help you, right now it looks like you are trying to set the PSI to flow and that is not the right way.
          KB

Comment

By style, heffs are pretty well carbonated and longer lines to serve the higher carbonated beer is not unusual. 10 psi is very low. Try upping your pressure, if your beer is indeed 36 degrees, you wouldn't be too far out at 20 psi.
            Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
            but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Working...
            X