Danby dkc645bls Not Cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danby dkc645bls Not Cooling

Hey everyone, looks like I have some cooling issue with my kegerator. I went to grab a beer last night and noticed it said 53 degrees (usually 43). The compressor was running and wasn't hot, so figured maybe it just kicked in late (stupid Danby thermostats). But then about an hour later, I noticed it was still at 53 degrees, with the compressor still running, but now hot. I put a fan on the compressor so it didn't overheat, but 30 min later...still 53. So now I take out the keg and make sure the coils are cold...they aren't. I noticed some ice build up so unplugged the fridge and let it sit overnight open. In the morning, there was a little water in the rear drain catch, but not much. I unscrewed the rear coils and pulled it out, then turned on the fridge. The inlet to the coils (small copper pipe) gets really cold and even frosts over, but the coil plate never gets cold. Also, the return (bigger copper pipe) is not getting cold, either. I do hear a slight hissing/running fluid when the compressor is running, which btw itself is not making any weird noises and sounds healthy. Any ideas? Below is a link to a couple of pictures.

Keg Pics

In the first picture you can see the frosted over inlet on the left. The second picture is the cooling plate that is currently warm

Thanks for reading and any advice is appreciated!

Fixed it. Turns out the freon was low. Installed a service port on the low side and was able to recharge it.

Comment

is it hard to put freon? someone is selling a Danby for about 200$ used but i read reviews that it doesn't cool very well so I don't know if i should get it or not.

Comment

The Danby not cooling issue is generally not becuase of the amount of freon, it is because of how it is designed, hence the sticky for "danby modifications".
        What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

I have a Danby that only cools once it is plugged in...after it drops down to about 45 degrees it gets back warm until I unplug it and plug it back up

Comment

Working...
          X