A little foam, clear, then another slight burp of foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little foam, clear, then another slight burp of foam

I have had zero problems with most of the 1/6 kegs I get. I picked up a sixtel of Yards Phila Pale Ale yesterday and I get a normal amount of foam on the first pour, then it pours clear, then I get another small "burp" of foam before pouring perfectly clear . It's barely noticeable and I've never experienced this small "burp" problem except with this keg. I reversed the coupling and it does the same thing. Anyone ever experience this problem? Even pouring another pint right after and it will do the same thing.

Check the skirt washer on your coupler and check to make sure you are completely coupled.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Thanks,
      I switched the coupler out and it does the same thing. I checked the keg seal and it looks good from what I can visibly see, but I wonder if the keg seal is dinged up internally. I can live with it until this one is kicked. Thanks again

Comment

If you look at the beer line where it exits the coupler, do you see any bubbles building up?

Comment

After you let it sit for a while, take a look inside. You are likely going to see a pocket of Co2 in the line, which is your burp when it gets to the tap. I'd suggest your pressure is too low and it is allowing breakout. Without the v/v and all the pertinent information it is hard to tell if you are propoerly balanced. Success with your other barrels doesn't mean you will be successful at the same temps/pressures with all kegs because the v/v's are different for different breweries.
          What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

That happens to me sometimes. I think the regulator is old, dirty, and doesn't hold the right pressure. Especially right arfter changing out kegs I run slims through mine too Try turning the pressure up to around 20 psi then immedently back down to 12 or where you usually keep. That usually works for me. YMMV.

Comment

Working...
            X