Only dispenses beer with Keg on it's side? Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only dispenses beer with Keg on it's side? Help

Just finished my Kegerator. Have everything hooked up, c02 and a wing nut style coupler.

I am using a Sam Adams Boston Lager Keg ... something seems up with the keg? It only dispenses beer when it's on it's side?

Have I done somehting wrong?

Thanks

Do you have the gas line going in the side and the beer line coming out the top? Do you have the duckbill washer in the gas line?
    What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

We put the beer line on the side and the gas line on the top...

Comment

Originally posted by wsjr1 View Post
        You have the lines reversed. Beer comes out the top.

Comment

Originally posted by wsjr1 View Post
          That's wrong. The gas line comes in on the side & the beer dispenses out the top of the coupling.

THE ICEMAN
          Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 11-13-2011, 03:42 PM. Reason: Duff beat me to it. ;)
          My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
          "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
          -Dave Barry-
          "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
          Strong beer is the milk of the old."
          -Martin Luther-

Comment

Well, thats good news, I'll switch them. The guy gave me a pre done beer line and thats where it fit. The nipple on the top is very small and the side pretty large.

I guess it's ok the nipple at the top for the beer is so small? I bet a 1/4 tube would go over it...

Comment

Putting baby to bed, I'll attempt to switch in about 30 mins.

Comment

wsjr1,
                Beer line ID should be 3/16 (should be longer then 5 feet), gas line 1/4 (you reverse the beer will shoot out like a jet), the tailpiece even if 1/4 should fit the 3/16 ID line, your just going to have to work it to get it on, you can dip end of beer line in boiling water to make it more pliable.
                What do you mean wing nut style coupler? Low profile (which has both gas and beer from side) or wing nut where hex normally is (which makes no difference) or a Black Wing Handle type.
                And what do you mean "pre done", most times it means it's permanently crimped end to the tailpiece where beer line can't be changed or removed and usually the line is 5 feet.
                And make sure the CO2 isn't on side (sorry have to make sure). And another member mention the gas check, your going to need that on the gas side of the coupler, there is no way the beer can come out the gas side with gas check installed. Look through resource section for how to set up your system.
                KB
                Last edited by KillianBoy; 11-13-2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X