Beer Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Line

I found a place to buy beer line in town. It is 3/16" ID but only 5/16" OD. Will this work for a beer line? Is the outer diameter to thin?

The OD doesn't matter. The ID and being true beer rated line does.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

I have seen some of the smaller od beer line kink in bendinging situations, just something to look out for
      Happy Tappy Draft Beer Services
      Serving Mid-Michigan and beyond

Comment

typically food grade line should not be thin. are you sure you are looking at a food grade 3/16 line?

Comment

Shouldn't matter unless you're planning on setting your regulator to around 250 psi or so for really, really fast pours.

Comment

I asked for food grade line. The line says non-toxic right on it. Going to try it out today. Only 3 bucks for 10 feet.

Comment

Food grade and nontoxic means it will not kill you. But is it brewery approved beer line?

Beer line is cheap enough that I wouldn't try to save a few bucks and have plastic tasting beer.
              Beer Line Hose, Clear Vinyl

I have a home draft system because I want to enjoy the freshest tasting beer in my home that I can. I don't see a lot of logic in trying to go cheap on the cheapest part of the system.
              Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
              but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Working...
              X