cap2731

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cap2731

when I turn on the CO2 I can hear air going into the keg. Have checked all the connections and there is no leak. What would cause the air to go into the keg and not shut off? I have to turn the tank on everytime I have a beer which will soon give me carpul tunnel in my wrist. Help

It might be the keg or the coupler isn't seated correctly. Do you hear gas flowing when you untap the keg with the CO2 on?

Comment

no .There is no air leak when the coupler is disconnected. I/ve had the keg tapped for a week when I ran out of air and had no problem that i could hear. It must have been a slow leak at the keg cause the tank only lasted a week. When I hooked up the new tank thats when I heard the air going into the tank. Could a keg seal go bad over time?

Comment

Same thing happened to me. I bought a new coupler and it fixed it.

Comment

is the coupler fixable?

Comment

Originally posted by cap2731 View Post
            is the coupler fixable?
            I suppose the gaskets could be replaced, but a new coupler isn't that expensive.

Comment

But the seals are by far less expensive. If it is a Micro Matic coupler, all the replacement parts are available from Draft Beer Keg Taps & Couplers - MicroMatic.com
              Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
              but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Working...
              X