Corny Keg coupler stuck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corny Keg coupler stuck

I'm just getting my keezer running for the first time. I have two kegs(ball lock) in the keezer, chilled, with co2 lines attached. Today, I went to attach the couplers to the beer out posts. The first keg went smoothly, but the second didn't lock down into place. I then tried to take it off to readjust, and it won't come off. I've tried pushing/pulling/twisting, and nothing works. I even let off the extra gas, unscrewed the post, and tried to remove it with help from my wife. It won't budge.

Help!

Well ,the post just seems really sticky. I FINALLY managed to pound it down and it locked in place. I used a rubber mallet.

Is this normal? Anyone else have issues like this? Or should I be replacing that post the next chance I get?

Comment

I see from your other post you figured out what happens when you get the couplers on the wrong posts.
      Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
      but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Yes, for anyone wondering why their beer out coupler doesn't want to snap down in place - STOP PUSHING!!!! I found out the hard way that I was attaching it to the wrong keg post. It is far too embarrassing to go into detail(but I'm sure you'll read about it somewhere in the forum), but I'll give you a very good bit of advice that I hadn't heard about:

The keg posts on corny kegs look like they are the same size, but they ARE NOT. The gas in one is just about 1 mm larger. So if you mistakenly try to attach the beer coupler to the IN port, it will be tight. If you happen to pound it into place (like a gorilla jackass - ie. me), you will lodge it in place and will never never ever get it off.

If you are wondering which one is the gas in post, it'll have some little notches in the metal around it's base.

Hopefully all other noobs learn from my mistake

Comment

I buy all my beer from my local micro-brewer. He always makes the "beer out" post a BLACK O-ring. The "air in" post is usually red, yellow, or green. If the beer out post always has a black o-ring on it, all you have to remember is "beer is black". So far, no wrong hook ups.

Comment

Working...
          X