Marvel Kegerator Compressor Runs Continuously

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvel Kegerator Compressor Runs Continuously

I bought a used Marvel kegerator. It seemed to be working pretty good for a few days, but I wanted to get the beer a hair colder so I turned the cold control just a bit lower. A day later the whole thing is frozen and I find the compressor is running continually.

Now, anywhere I put the dial, except completely in the lowest position, it just runs the compressor continually. In the lowest position it seems to just turn off.

What should I check on this thing? Anything should try before replacing the thermostat? I mean, it was *just* working earlier in the week.

If I do need to replace parts, any suggestions where to get them? Should I consider just turning the knob into what is effectively an "on" position and using a Johnson Controls type plug in controller?

Thx!

Sanity,
    Ice could be messing up your sensor, defrost naturally, reset thermostat to middle and try again. First to third beer may be warm in a unmodified Marvel, you could try and install a fan or tower cooler. I don't think anything is wrong with thermostat, but if you want get temperature controller, it may keep the beer colder, set to max cold, but ice may return. I say defrost, reset, get tower cooler and thermometer and check your temperatures and post when you have problems.
    KB

Comment

Gotcha. I'll try again. (and I did order a tower cooler).

Comment

Working...
      X