Bad Keg? :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Keg? :(

So after getting my old bev air bm23 running, i ran a 1/4keg of budlight though it. it worked great so i decided to get a bigger keg to test the waters. i put a 1/2 barrel of key light in it.. didnt want to spend money on a great beer and something go wrong. so after bringing it home, i tap it and the coupler spins on REALLLLLY easy. the budlight mind you had resistance and you could tell it was really tight. but felt like no resistance from this seal. well after the week of drinking it, i go to draw a beer and nothing. i pull the keg out and see my fresh co2 tank is empty. i swap out and re tap the keg.. i noticed if i wiggled the coupler side to side it would leak air. like the seal wasnt set. well today the keg was out of co2 again. pulled it out, seems like the seal on top of the keg is seated crooked. prob worn out. the keg is half gone so i dont know if the distributor will refund me anything. good thing it was only key light. smooth as keith stone my *** haha anyone else have similar experiences like this?

Yes surely sounds like a keg with a bad seal. It does happen. Take it back and tell them what happened. They probably won't reimburse you for the Co2 but they should exchange that defective keg for a free new one and that would cover your loss on the Co2 side.

Comment

I see bad seals on keylight and coors light 1/2s all the time. Lately its like 1 in 5 take it back to your retailer they will give you a new one.

Comment

well i called the distributor. turns out, coors brewing has a policy on returning kegs. has to be cold and at least 3/4 full to get a full refund/exchange. if the keg is emptier, they can cover the amount of beer left in the barrel with 30 packs. well ive been drinking this keg until this happened. when i originally tapped it it must have had a verrrry slow leak. i put it on a scale and it weighs in at 100lbs on the money haha sooooo that means that 60lbs of beer is gone.. unfortunately that seems less than 3/4 full sooooo im pretty much at a loss here. ill just get the beer remaining in the keg in can form i guess... we;ll see what happens. i was tlaking to the manager on the phone and am bringing him my keg tomorrow. i understand it is not his fault this happened so im not looking for a full refund.. just something to compensate for loss of beer/money left.. and as it sounds, thats what ill be getting...

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy View Post
          I see bad seals on keylight and coors light 1/2s all the time. Lately its like 1 in 5 take it back to your retailer they will give you a new one.
          Frat boy party pump abuse?
          Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
          but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Hmmmm... The one bad keg of Yuengling I got years ago (bad gasket around the coupler surface) was replaced quickly and with no hassles whatsoever. The quality control guy from the Yuengling brewery even called the next day to be sure things went well. Sure restores one's faith in the Yuengling product and their idea of customer service.
            "One more night like this will put me six feet under"
            Gram Parsons

Comment

Too many Keg Stands.

Originally posted by psychodad View Post
              Frat boy party pump abuse?
              On Tap: Corny of a Hombrewed American Pale Ale, Corny of Homebrewed Cherry Wheat and Remain of a Miller Lite half tranfered into a Corny! Now an official Homebrewer.

Dead: (7) 1/2's of Miller Lite, (1) 1/2 of Blue Moon (6) 1/6's of Blue Moon, (4) 1/6's of Shocktop (2) 1/6's of Landshark Lager (1) 1/4 Yuengling, (1) 1/6 Victory Summer Love (1) 1/6 of Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale (1) 1/6 Shipyard Prelude.

Comment

haha actually, being from a college town, all the frat boys only drink natty light hahaha.... annnyways the distributor ended up giving me two 30packs for free to compensate for the lost keg.. works for me.

Comment

ahhhhh im so stupid!!! i just NOW realized what the manager at the store meant. he had told me to try to get what beer out of the keg that i could bc once its 3/4 full, they only give you 2 thirty packs. so i could have filled growlers up before the co2 drained and had the keg damn near gone!!! next time ill use my brain and be more thrifty haha!

Comment

I just took back a keg of Key Light as well. My guy replaced without even blinking. "it happens!" he said.

All that would come out was foam.

Big chunks of the gasket on the top of the keg were missing. I should have checked the gasket before dragging it home, and installing.

Alan in PA

Comment

Working...
                    X