X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/2 and 1/2 foam and beer PLEASE HELP

alright,
    my setup,
    chest freezer converted, about 17 trunk line glycol cooled setup up using perlick chiller
    yuengling on tap beer temp second beer at about 37 degrees, and psi set to 12... still about half glass of beer and half foam.. im not wasting any beer and am actually a lil tipsy at this point trying to figure it out.. any suggestions or should i let it sit a little longer. . picked up keg yesterday and taped it today.. beer doesnt taste bad but seems a little flat.. supposed to have a family get together this weekend and would love to have ice cold beer on tap..

PLEASE HELP

What is the exact temp of your 2nd beer pour? I only ask because "about 37" doesn't really cut it - your precise temp is needed to calculate your PSI setting.

Also, if you pour pints back to back , are they all foamy or just the first pour?

Comment

Require exact temperature of the beer in the keg using calibrated thermometer. Also, glycol temperature should swing between 29-32F to maintain temperature of beer from keg to faucet. If your beer temp. in keg is 38F, adjust PSIG to 14 if you reside at sea level.

Is your beer in contact with the glycol loop right to the back of the faucet & shank?
      Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

alright, could have been more of a freak out i guess, so far today beer in glass second glass is 37 degrees, im still wondering if this is completely accurate due to having a longer draw... but very min 1/2"-3/4" head today.. psi is set ~12.5... so far so good.. going to finish the two beers i just poured and then go for more to see my results.. On the distance issue.. should i pour more than two glasses to get true temps or since the second one was at 37 degrees i should be good????

Comment

well, finished both of the first beers,, first one tasted a little flat but i assumed from sitting in the lines over night, second poured beer tasted fine.. poured third and fourth and a little more foam on the first one and then the second came out perfect again with very little head.. beer still temps 38 degrees on the fourth one.. so i might be good.. have to wait and see..

Comment

I think you will find that Yuengling will foam when other beers don't. I had the same problem and switched back to Miller High Life and the pour was perfect. Also having chilled glasses will keep Yuengling from foaming so much.

Comment

Working...
            X