All Foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

osubrewcrew,
    Again sorry to be picky about your posting style but members are trying figure out you problems and accurate and complete answers are essential for the members to troubleshoot your problem from afar, this isn't a game of Jeopardy where you have to buzz in as soon as possible. You just need to take your time and post information accurately and concisely, when you post temperatures as 36-40 then it's not accurate if using a mercury, then get a digital to get XX.X reading, read the first "Read First before posting" to get proper way to get temperature. Answer all questions asked, if you miss one then we got to ask again. Again the problem keg, was it bad from the beginning, did the keg pour non-foamy at any time?, also did you remember to put all gaskets back in (one missing in faucet can cause foam), the foam you mentioned before today, was it the new keg or still the end of the old keg? Also how fast do you go through a keg and how often do you drink, did this change before the problem keg? Did you adjust the thermostat any time the last couple kegs? Without a fan inside, you will have warm spots, if you drink in the 40's foam may not have been a problem but if you made it colder, the warm faucet and warm spots can cause massive foam on every pour, turning colder may have made beer too cold (your 1 reading of 36 degrees is troubling), with the warm spots and uncooled tower, your beer maybe near 30-32 degrees causing problems with CO2.
    KB

Comment

sorry to be so short but one again there isnt much to say my buddy was having a cook out and we THOUGHT it would be a good idea to take the keg over there. so i loaded it up with my portable tap. so i get there the drive was only about 5 to 10 mins no bumps in the road pretty much straight roads get it all set up iced down about 40 mins later i see what its gonna be like all foam.... so i let 30 more mins go same thing so i think it could be to cold.. take it out of the ice same thing all foam. i could tell the beer was still really cold but after sitting out for an hr i tested it again and still all foam. at the point in the game were all mad we cant drink it and after all the playing around with it at home and the cook out its all most gone so i just empty it out and all the way up to the end it was all foam.

Comment

What kind of fitting do you have behind the shank, if it is the elbow with a compressed rubber gasket and a nut style plug with the threads the turn into the shank , I have seen these get pulled back and gasket restricting the flow and making all foam. This is just a thought.
        L. Tapper

Comment

Working...
        X