X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djc
    replied
    Long Trail Ale 2.5 (although they say they don't give exact numbers as it is a trade secret, they suggested shooting for this)

Leave a comment:

• Tyler
    replied
    Contacted Switchback Brewery via email. They said their beer is carbonated at 2.45 v/v co2.

Leave a comment:

• russianriver29
    replied
    Anybody know the v/v for Victory Lager?

Leave a comment:

• Tyler
    replied
    Does anyone know the v/v of switchback?

Leave a comment:

• 08HDFXD
    replied
    I also just heard back from the Alaskan Brewing Co. I am getting a keg of their Winter Ale. They sent me a .pdf of all their beers v/v co2 recommendations, which have the note 'updated 11/2011'

Amber 2.75
    White 2.7
    IPA 2.65
    Pale 2.65
    Black IPA 2.55
    Oatmeal Stout 2.55
    Summer Ale 2.55
    Winter Ale 2.55
    Smoked Porter 2.55
    Raspberry Wheat 2.7
    Barley Wine 2.55
    Baltic Porter 2.55
    XXIPA 2.55

Leave a comment:

• djc
    replied
    2.7-2.75 is what they told me a while back. I have had 3 kegs of Blue Moon. First with forward closing faucets and 5' lines, then rear closing faucets and 5' lines, and now the current set up with rear closing faucets and 10' lines. The 10's are what finally got it under control.

Leave a comment:

• KillianBoy
    replied
    08HDFXD,
    I understand the confusion, with all the information floating around the forum, if need to settle a point of information, even from breweries, as I said I'd look to posts from Scott Zuhse, to settle on a conclusion, his experience in the business is invaluable to this forum.
    Yes, they mean internal unit temperature, I've had temperatures as lows as in the mid 20's and as high as low 40's as compressor turned on and off, the only temperature you really need to be concerned about is the beer temperature. Next time you send an inquiry to a brewery, ask for the exact v/v of the beer and that your home dispensing.
    KB

Leave a comment:

• 08HDFXD
    replied
    Thanks KB,

I did find that thread but at that point in my search it just seemed like there was so much variation in what people were saying, that I didn't read it to the end. The conclusion there is a 2.75 v/v beer, and that a 10' beer line is recommended, which is what I will go with.

BTW, I just received this response from them this AM:

"Thank you for contacting Blue Moon. We appreciate your interest in our products.

Blue Moon kegs have an internal keg pressure of 12 - 13 PSI. In general, a minimum of 2 - 3 PSI above the internal keg pressure is required to keep the CO2 in the beer. It's best to store the beer at a temperature between 30-33 degrees Fahrenheit in order to assure that the beer does not go bad.

Sincerely,

Blue Moon Consumer Affairs Department
    Ref: Case#N20750951
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

I am about to take delivery on a keg of Blue Moon for the holidays. Could you please provide me with temperature recommendations and what volumes of co2 your beer requires? Thanks!"

I am assuming that the temperature he is speaking of is storage temp., not serving temp. Regardless, I'm going with 2.75 v/v

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Acmemfg
    replied
    From Sierra Nevada direct-

Most of their brews (including Pale Ale and Celebration) are at 2.55
    Their specialty beers vary a lot

Leave a comment:

• djc
    replied
    I have 10's and have been able to tame the Blue Moon.

Leave a comment:

• KillianBoy
    replied
    08HDFXD,
    The postings you should look at are from Scott, the beer guru, the thread as follows:

Scott says it should be 2.75, beer temperature is all about taste, some like wheat beers on the warmer side, some on cold, what temperature you like to drink certain beers at is what temperature you should shoot for. Be warned it's been noted Blue Moon is a tough beer to pour right (like most Coors products), if you have 5 foot lines I would lengthen to at least 7.
    KB

Leave a comment:

• 08HDFXD
    replied
    What is the correct vv. CO2 for Blue Moon? I am also assuming they recommend 38*, is that correct? I did a search and I came up with varying recommendations. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• dtprkr
    replied
    Does anyone know the CO2 level for woodchuck cider? My wife is craving it in a 1/6 for the kegerator.

Leave a comment:

• area5150
    replied
    Straight from the Alltech Lexington Brewery..
    Kentucky Ale and Bourbon Barrel Ale are kegged at 2.6 Volumes of CO2.

Leave a comment:

• bkl63
    replied
    Wish all Brewery's would place it clearly on the website. Such a disservice to the customers in not doing so.

Originally posted by redhawk View Post
    Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan Ale is 2.5 per their Website.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X