Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about the target CO2 level for Negra Modelo? I have contacted the local distributor, but have heard nothing back.

Comment

The distributor will not know, you need to contact the brewery. And it is not a CO2 target, it is a definite value.
      What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

Brewery is in Mexico and my emails to them have not been answered. Thus, I contacted the distributor. As it turns out, they do know these values --- according to the folks I spoke to. They just didn't have the information for this beer.

Comment

Labatt Blue and Blue Light - 2.6 - 2.8 per..

Mia

Consumer Affairs
          North American Breweries
          431 Pine Street Suite G14 Burlington VT 05401

Also..

Flying Bison Buffalo Lager is 2.6. This is from the counter guy that sold me the keg at the brewery. I didn't catch his name.

Comment

Via the Brewery...

Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale 2.55 v
            On Tap: Corny of a Hombrewed American Pale Ale, Corny of Homebrewed Cherry Wheat and Remain of a Miller Lite half tranfered into a Corny! Now an official Homebrewer.

Dead: (7) 1/2's of Miller Lite, (1) 1/2 of Blue Moon (6) 1/6's of Blue Moon, (4) 1/6's of Shocktop (2) 1/6's of Landshark Lager (1) 1/4 Yuengling, (1) 1/6 Victory Summer Love (1) 1/6 of Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale (1) 1/6 Shipyard Prelude.

Comment

Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan Ale is 2.5 per their Website.
              On tap now: Homebrewed Nut Brown Ale, Oatmeal Stout, Altbier and Berry Blonde Ale.

My Kegerator with Photos

My Kegerator With Photos Update

Comment

Wish all Brewery's would place it clearly on the website. Such a disservice to the customers in not doing so.

Originally posted by redhawk View Post
                Lazy Magnolia Southern Pecan Ale is 2.5 per their Website.
                On Tap: Corny of a Hombrewed American Pale Ale, Corny of Homebrewed Cherry Wheat and Remain of a Miller Lite half tranfered into a Corny! Now an official Homebrewer.

Dead: (7) 1/2's of Miller Lite, (1) 1/2 of Blue Moon (6) 1/6's of Blue Moon, (4) 1/6's of Shocktop (2) 1/6's of Landshark Lager (1) 1/4 Yuengling, (1) 1/6 Victory Summer Love (1) 1/6 of Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale (1) 1/6 Shipyard Prelude.

Comment

Straight from the Alltech Lexington Brewery..
                  Kentucky Ale and Bourbon Barrel Ale are kegged at 2.6 Volumes of CO2.

Comment

Does anyone know the CO2 level for woodchuck cider? My wife is craving it in a 1/6 for the kegerator.

Comment

What is the correct vv. CO2 for Blue Moon? I am also assuming they recommend 38*, is that correct? I did a search and I came up with varying recommendations. Thanks.
                      2nd hand Danby 645
                      Johnson A419 digital temp. Ctrl.
                      Dual faucet tower
                      MicroMatic premium Dual Primary CO2 Regulator outside with two co2 lines going in
                      Minn-Kota water temperature gauge
                      Tower fan cooler from ebay
                      One tap has a 5' beer line, the other is 10'

1100' elevation

2nd hand Vissani
                      Johnson analog temp. ctrl.
                      replaced tower with 3" tower from the Danby
                      MicroMatic premium Primary CO2 Regulator
                      5' beer line

Comment

08HDFXD,
                        The postings you should look at are from Scott, the beer guru, the thread as follows:

Scott says it should be 2.75, beer temperature is all about taste, some like wheat beers on the warmer side, some on cold, what temperature you like to drink certain beers at is what temperature you should shoot for. Be warned it's been noted Blue Moon is a tough beer to pour right (like most Coors products), if you have 5 foot lines I would lengthen to at least 7.
                        KB

Comment

I have 10's and have been able to tame the Blue Moon.
                          What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

From Sierra Nevada direct-

Most of their brews (including Pale Ale and Celebration) are at 2.55
                            Their specialty beers vary a lot
                            "One more night like this will put me six feet under"
                            Gram Parsons

Comment

Thanks KB,

I did find that thread but at that point in my search it just seemed like there was so much variation in what people were saying, that I didn't read it to the end. The conclusion there is a 2.75 v/v beer, and that a 10' beer line is recommended, which is what I will go with.

BTW, I just received this response from them this AM:

"Thank you for contacting Blue Moon. We appreciate your interest in our products.

Blue Moon kegs have an internal keg pressure of 12 - 13 PSI. In general, a minimum of 2 - 3 PSI above the internal keg pressure is required to keep the CO2 in the beer. It's best to store the beer at a temperature between 30-33 degrees Fahrenheit in order to assure that the beer does not go bad.

Sincerely,

Blue Moon Consumer Affairs Department
                              Ref: Case#N20750951
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------

I am about to take delivery on a keg of Blue Moon for the holidays. Could you please provide me with temperature recommendations and what volumes of co2 your beer requires? Thanks!"

I am assuming that the temperature he is speaking of is storage temp., not serving temp. Regardless, I'm going with 2.75 v/v

Thanks!
                              2nd hand Danby 645
                              Johnson A419 digital temp. Ctrl.
                              Dual faucet tower
                              MicroMatic premium Dual Primary CO2 Regulator outside with two co2 lines going in
                              One tap has a 5' beer line, the other is 10'

1100' elevation

2nd hand Vissani
                              Johnson analog temp. ctrl.
                              replaced tower with 3" tower from the Danby
                              MicroMatic premium Primary CO2 Regulator
                              5' beer line

Comment

08HDFXD,
                                I understand the confusion, with all the information floating around the forum, if need to settle a point of information, even from breweries, as I said I'd look to posts from Scott Zuhse, to settle on a conclusion, his experience in the business is invaluable to this forum.
                                Yes, they mean internal unit temperature, I've had temperatures as lows as in the mid 20's and as high as low 40's as compressor turned on and off, the only temperature you really need to be concerned about is the beer temperature. Next time you send an inquiry to a brewery, ask for the exact v/v of the beer and that your home dispensing.
                                KB

Comment

Working...
                                X