Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use the Zahm-Nagel chart. After researching beer's volume level of CO2, determine keg temperature and cross reference on the chart to find equilibrium pressure. Add one to two PSIG "push" above equilibrium pressure from chart to apply to keg. One if you determine your keg will be coupled for any length of time and two if you really, really, really like beer and the keg will be coupled no more than 3-4 days. Not to say that you would be able to pick up any flavor or dispensing issues if you utilized two PSIG "push".

Always add additional one PSIG for every 2000' above sea level (1-1000').
    Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Zuhse View Post
      Shock Top is 2.7 v/v per ABInbev Draught Team. Actually, all AB domestic products are now at 2.7 v/v across the board. One of these days Boston Beer will reply to emails on volumes spec. No idea on the last beer. Email brewery.
      Boston Beer products at 2.55 v/v confirmed by brewery personnel.
      Last edited by Scott Zuhse; 05-17-2011, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Does anyone happen to know the carbonation level (v/v) of Yards Phila Pale Ale?

Comment

E-mail from the head brewer at Yards Brewery - Phila Pale Ale is carbonated at the brewery to 2.6 v/v.

Comment

Contacted head brewer Mark Wilson and indicated that specification is target of 2.65 with spread on either side of .5 (2.6 to 2.7 v/v). 38F @ 2.65 v/v @ 14 PSIG represents one pound push. Equilibrium pressure is 13 PSI.

Comment

Thanks Scott

I spoke with Dennis this morning and confirmed that the carbonation level of the Franconia Dunkel is 2.5 v/v. With this and if you take in consideration his recommended temperature for optimal flavor (40F), using one pound push your pressure should be 13 PSIG.

Comment

Magic Hat #9 is 2.55
                Widmer Drifter Pale Ale is 2.25-2.30
                What I have: Haier two tap, 525 faucets, tower cooler, 10' lines

Comment

I emailed Strongbow (info@strongbowcider.us). According to them, Strongbow Cider is 3.924 g/l. Applying Mark's formula, that would translate to 1.962 Volumes of CO2. I'll be ordering my first 1/2 keg next month. Can't wait!!

Comment

Contacted head brewer Mark Wilson and indicated that specification is target of 2.65 with spread on either side of .5 (2.6 to 2.7 v/v). 38F @ 2.65 v/v @ 14 PSIG represents one pound push. Equilibrium pressure is 13 PSI.
                    I take it this is for Abita beers.
                    On tap now: Homebrewed Nut Brown Ale, Oatmeal Stout, Altbier and Berry Blonde Ale.

My Kegerator with Photos

My Kegerator With Photos Update

Comment

Boulder Beer Hazed & Infused 2.46
                      I contacted the brewery through facebook to get this.

Comment

Per Joe Mohrfeld, Head Brewer @ Odell Brewing, "We force carbonate all of our beers to 2.65 +or- .05."

Comment

Anybody have the volume of Walt WIT from Philadelphia brewing co.

Comment

Per Jeff Edgerton, Brewmaster at Bridgeport Brewing Co., the "target carbonation level [of the Bridgeport IPA] is 2.55 volumes."

Comment

Lagunitas Pils

"Our keg guy said it was 2.7-2.8 vv "

Comment

Anybody know the Co2 for Leinenkugels Summer Shandy.

Thank's , Mike .

Comment

Working...
                                X