X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

agree no way could it be 6.2-6.7

Comment

Originally posted by Chflee View Post
      Todd from the Boston Brewery called me back and told me that "most" of Sam Adams products are 6.2 - 6.7 v/v. I asked for Boston Lager and he said it is 6.7 v/v . FINALLY!!!!
      Even a spread between 2.2 to 2.7 v/v is quite significant. Most breweries keep the spec. within a tenth on either side. Please call Todd back and attempt to get specific carbonation levels per brand.
      Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Eric Marshall himself from Marshall Brewing Company in Tulsa, OK replied to an email inquiry and stated that Marshall Old Pavilion Pilsners has 2.5-2.6 volumes of CO2.

Comment

Does anyone have any vols of CO2 information on Kostritzer Schwarzbier ? It is considered a black lager. I just ordered a keg here in So Cal, but the only website I can find for them is in German, so I don't know how to email the brewmaster to ask.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
          "All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer." - Homer Simpson

Comment

Update - I re-visited the website & found out that I can translate it to english. I sent an email requesting the v/v info, I'll update this thread if I get a response.
            "All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer." - Homer Simpson

Comment

emailed a brewery today to get the recomended temp and to find out there volume of co2 and they told me they didnt have the equiment to tell how much carbonation they put into it. it's a belgian style any ideas? they did say serving temp is recomended at 48f

Comment

Goose Island 312 Urban Wheat = 2.6 v/v. Verbal confirmation from brewery. Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by kceb View Post
                  emailed a brewery today to get the recomended temp and to find out there volume of co2 and they told me they didnt have the equiment to tell how much carbonation they put into it. it's a belgian style any ideas? they did say serving temp is recomended at 48f
                  Which brewery are you alluding to? Even though they may not have the equipment to test, being brewers they must have some target for their carbonation level. Be aware that if this is an import, often the brewers will use a gram/liter measurement. Easy to covert as a volume is half the g/l measurement.

Being a Belgian style brew and possibly a type where carbonation increases in the keg, you may require a high pressure. particularly in conjunction with a serving temperature at 48F. If so, be prepared to utilize a significant amount of 3/16" ID line (12-15') and / or a flow control style faucet.
                  Last edited by Scott Zuhse; 12-27-2010, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Confirmed by brewery personnel.

Comment

I see some of the IPA's are recommended at temperatures in low to mid 40's to optimise their flavor. I agree that some of the more strongly flavored and higher ABV beers taste much better at these temps. but at same time I've heard so much about adhering to 38F. For the experts on the subject - are we OK at 42/44F for some of the IPA's etc. without compromizing anything?
                      Thanks -

Comment

Do I need beer gas for Heineken?
                        Thank you for your recent email message. Kegs must be kept pressurized after tapping or it will go flat. We recommend a mixture of CO2 and nitrogen be used to pressurize. We also recommend that the consumer go back to the store where they purchased the keg to get exact instructions on how to use their keg.

Thank you for your interest in Heineken USA.

Kind Regards,

Heineken USA Consumer Affairs

Comment

I see some of the IPA's are recommended at temperatures in low to mid 40's to optimise their flavor. I agree that some of the more strongly flavored and higher ABV beers taste much better at these temps. but at same time I've heard so much about adhering to 38F. For the experts on the subject - are we OK at 42/44F for some of the IPA's etc. without compromizing anything?
                          Thanks -
                          You are absolutely fine serving beer at whichever temperature you prefer it at. It could be 32 or 52 as long as you understand what is required to keep the beer in balance so that you aren't serving glasses of foam. 38F is given as a benchmark basically. Colder temperatures help preserve the beers flavors, mostly, and light American lagers really do become difficult to balance with warmer temperatures, but again, this goes back to understanding how to keep the keg balanced, really.

When kept colder, beer will keep it's fresh flavor for longer. Most beers are intended to be served fresh, but some can be kept at cellar or basement temperatures for literally years and do quite well. The warmer the beer, the quicker it 'ages'. Other than beer taste, there is very little chance of adverse effect from warmer temperatures. So basically, the taste profile will change faster with warmer temperatures.

For something like an IPA, to me the main concern is getting the beer fresh. I want it kegged within the past month or so, at most. Usually I get APA kegs from my local craft brewery, and I pick them up within a few days of being packaged.

With an IPA, I keep and serve the keg around 36F so that the flavors are preserved longer. I get 1/2 barrels and they last me 6-8 weeks. In my experience, many IPA's really start to lose their best fresh flavors and aromas after a month, so the longer I can preserve that freshness, the better. When i pour a glass I USUALLY try to let it warm up a bit and/or just drink it slow at first to let it warm up a bit so that the flavors I really enjoy have a chance to come out.
                          Last edited by cubby_swans; 02-06-2011, 11:02 PM.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

I received an e-mail from Big Sky Brewing indicating the following for Moose Drool.

Moose Drool is carbonated to 2.6 volumes.

Comment

Recently I was informed by Boston Beer Company that the Boston Lager and Noble Pils are both 2.55 volume products.

Comment

Kegman.net took down the beer equilibrium chart/calculator they had hosted. Anyone have any recommendations as to another chart to use?

Comment

Working...
                                X