Beer just trickles out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer just trickles out

I have a Danby running at 12 PSI and pouring SNPA. Beer seems to be fine once it's out, but it just trickles out of the tap when fully opened. I checked the lines and there doesn't seem to be any kinks or blockages. The keg also has plenty of beer left in it so it's not running out. Any thoughts?

Make sure the beer and gas lines aren't swapped. If they are OK, check out the check ball in the coupler and make sure it and its cage are inserted properly. If you suspect that it is the ball or you're not sure it is oriented properly you can remove it altogether to see if the problem goes away. The beer will dispense just fine without it.
    Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
    but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Thanks. Ball and hoses seem correct.

Why is the ball in there if it's not needed? Might try that if I can't find any other cause.

Comment

Frozen beer line?
        Alan in PA

Comment

Originally posted by richison View Post
          Why is the ball in there if it's not needed?
          It is there to prevent the small amount of beer that is in the line from dribbling out when you uncouple. It lessens messes, but if it is gone, it doesn't prevent beer from dispensing. Some people leave them out as they seem to sense a plastic taste with it in place.
          Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
          but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Nope, not frozen.

Comment

You said the keg has plenty of beer left that's good. Does the Co2 tank have plenty of gas left too?

Comment

richison,
                I've been helping another member and it ended up being a obstructed coupler, continued to say he checked and put everything back properly, so KISS principle and start with basics, did you clean everything, even the 2 air holes in faucet?, or both the valves at regulator and tank are both turned on properly.
                KB

Comment

Found it! Somehow the secondary valve got bumped and wasn't all the way on. Problem solved. Glad it was a easy fix. Thanks everyone for the help.

Comment

Working...
                  X