Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• refridgerant leak in bm-23?

Hey guys,

I made a post earlier regarding usual time to cool down BM-23, but after troubleshooting I know something is wrong. Basically I can't get my unit to blow cold air (stays around 65 degrees).

Here's what I know:
    1) Took top off unit and saw a small amount of ice on evaporator coil right where it connects to evaporator.
    2) Evaporator itself wasn't cold.
    3) Evaporator fan runs all time, as it should.
    4) Compressor seems to run all the time along with fan, and only shuts off if I turn thermostat all the way down. Compressor is hot to the touch, but not scalding after running all night.
    5) Condenser coils are clean, and door is sealed.

So, the problem (as it seems to me) is that if the evaporator isn't getting cold than it obviously won't blow cold air into the box. Is that most likely a refridgerant problem?

The unit worked flawlessly until I moved cross country and had it sitting upright for a few months unused.

You are more than likely correct. You probably are low on refrigerant which means there is a leak. The only other possibility is a restriction in the system but not likely. You will need to get it checked out by someone that works on those units from day to day, not just an A/C company.

THE ICEMAN
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

Working...
    X