beer clean glasses at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beer clean glasses at home

I wouldl like to hear how u guys keep your glasses beer clean at home i use a baby bottle brush and elbow grease ,and it's not really getting the job done sometimes head diminsihes quickly and poor or no lacing in the glass. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I use a dishwasher and dishsoap and never have any issues. I might tell you to try something from this selection: http://www.micromatic.com/category-cid-1853.html Have no experience using them, but Micro Matic has yet to let me down on products they sell.

Comment

I use a baby bottle brush and beer cleaner and let air dry. Remember not all beers have heads that retain and/or lace.
      "No soldier can fight unless he is properly fed on beef and beer."
      -John Churchill, First Duke of Marlborough

Comment

I use a dishwasher with liquid detergent (use about 1/2 the recommended amount).

My glasses are perfectly clean, I promise you.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Dishwasher and off-the-shelf detergent. Never a problem...............
          "One more night like this will put me six feet under"
          Gram Parsons

Comment

Dishwasher for me too. The only thing I watch out for are plastic pitchers that give off a chemical odor. Seems like the clear pitchers are the bad ones and the cloudy white ones are OK. I'd use glass, but they are no fun to drop. ;-)
            Woke up this morning, got myself a beer. The future's uncertain and the end is always near.
            Jim Morrison

Comment

I have a really cool glass Michelob pitcher that I got for game tickets at an arcade when I was like 15. Pretty sure they don't give out beer mugs/pitchers at any arcades out there any more. M.A.D.D. would be up in arms about that. I can't believe I've had it over 20 years and I haven't broken it or tossed it in a move, as I never used it for beer up until I got the kegerator a few years back. Now I use it regularly to take a pitcher over to the neighbors to have a few beers.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Ditto on the dishwasher, only thing is the dishwasher will, in time fade the graphics on your glasses. These special glasses I will hand wash. The insulated glasses us guys use outside never get cleaned in the dishwasher, hand washing only.

Comment

Yes, the graphics can be affected after time. Good excuse to then get some cool new glasses !!
                  "One more night like this will put me six feet under"
                  Gram Parsons

Comment

I've bought all the beer glass cleaner and sanitizer from micromatic and the three pronged glass washer, this is just way too much work. Once i have a full load worth of glasses i use about half the amount of detergent i would normally and let it go through the heat dry cycle. About every third use of the glasses i fill a bucket with the sanitizer soak the glasses for a couple of minutes and then put back into the dishwasher to air-dry. This is working really well.

Comment

Originally posted by Acmemfg View Post
                      Yes, the graphics can be affected after time. Good excuse to then get some cool new glasses !!
                      Yes the wife gets me a couple or so each year, some never had a beer in them, what a shame. One day I will get around to breaking in each and every one.

Comment

I know this may sound weird, but I have taken to cleaning my glasses with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, (the original with no added chemicals or cleaners, it's simply a melamine foam pad). After removing some stubborn coffee stains from a couple of white ceramic mugs, I was curious about it's ability to make a glass "beer clean". My main concern was that it may scratch the glass. After six months of cleaning this way, all my glass are still crystal clear. I keep one by the bar sink that is used only for beer glasses. Wipe inside and out with hot water and a magic eraser pad, rinse in hot water and air dry. I always get great head retention and beautiful lacing.

Comment

Interesting procedure. Definitely check this out. Do you have any bubbles clinging to the glass walls or rising from the bottom?
                          Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Zuhse View Post
                            Interesting procedure. Definitely check this out. Do you have any bubbles clinging to the glass walls or rising from the bottom?
                            Not that I have noticed, but your question gives me a good excuse to pour a glass as soon as I get home just to make sure.

Comment

Good thing there are an infinite number of excuses why you should pour a beer! Enjoy.
                              Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Working...
                              X