Danby Temp....33ohm not enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danby Temp....33ohm not enough?

I have done the 33ohm resistor trick and have the temp gauge in a glass of water. It still is hovering around the high thirty mark. I hear the compressor running (although moaning, is that a problem too?) and the fan comes on, it just never gets cold enough. Can I go with a different resistor? Some people have said that 33ohm was too much.....hmmmm.....

My brother has two of these along with my one. We are searching for some answers.

Thx,
    ~Diz

You mean 33K Ohm I hope. You can try something smaller, like a 20K ohm resistor maybe.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Oh.....guess I will be getting the 33K tonight and ditch my 33ohm resistor.

Wonder why there wasn't any change in the temp....

Read Diz.....read....

Thank you,
      ~Diz

Comment

Got the right resistor and it is humming away at 32. Sweet.

~Diz

Comment

Be careful with that 33K resistor. Many people have frozen kegs of beer because the unit is too cold, using that resistor. Beer begins to freeze at 29F. You might want to stick a 5 gallon bucket of water in there for a day, instead of experimenting and possibly ruining a keg of beer.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Cubby is right, be careful. I have the 33k in my Danby, and my advice is to set your digital temp gauge to 37. Mine set to 37 pours 35.5-36 degree beer. When I first did the mod, I set it to 36 and after 24 hours my beer temp was 30-31 degrees.
            On Tap - BEER

Comment

Working...
            X