Faucet not staying in place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faucet not staying in place

I just replaced my beer line in a Kenmore kegerator. Everything re-installed fine besides the faucet. When I screw in the faucet, the whole units moves around including the faucet. It seems to screw in ok but everything is "loose". Am I missing a piece or something?? Does a gasket or washer hold everything in place?

Check the nut holding the shank....probably is loose
    "One more night like this will put me six feet under"
    Gram Parsons

Comment

In some cases there is a nut and a plastic piece on the inside of the tower securing the shank also on the outside there is a chromed piece that is before the faucet. If you have all these in place make sure to tighten the shank all the way as above post mentioned.

Comment

From inside the tower?

Comment

Yep..inside
          Gram Parsons

Comment

Tightening the nut on the inside of the tower is quite a bear.

I took a one-inch stubby combination wrench, and cut a wedge out of the closed end so it would slip over the hose and on the nut.

I promptly determined the nut on the inside was 1 1/16th of an inch! I looked all over, and couldn't find a 1 1/16 wrench for under $25. The whole set of 10 stubby wrenches was only $20.

After sanding down the nut, it fit OK and could be tightened fine, but I ordered a 1" nut from Micromatic for a buck or two.
            Alan in PA

Comment

Working inside the tower is no fun at all. I use a small pair of Robo Grip pliers (used to be available at Sears, not sure they still make them). They have just enough clearance to bite and snug the nut up if necessary. Fortunately that is not often.
              Gram Parsons

Comment

There are specialized tools available here from Micromatic... while not inexpensive, they make the job easier.

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/tools-accessories-cid-438.html
                On Tap: Corny of a Hombrewed American Pale Ale, Corny of Homebrewed Cherry Wheat and Remain of a Miller Lite half tranfered into a Corny! Now an official Homebrewer.

Dead: (7) 1/2's of Miller Lite, (1) 1/2 of Blue Moon (6) 1/6's of Blue Moon, (4) 1/6's of Shocktop (2) 1/6's of Landshark Lager (1) 1/4 Yuengling, (1) 1/6 Victory Summer Love (1) 1/6 of Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale (1) 1/6 Shipyard Prelude.

Comment

I'm thinking a 1 1/16" (or 1") box wrench from Harbor Freight and about 10 minutes with a Dremel tool will be the hot set up here...and a site cheaper than $36.75
                  Gram Parsons

Comment

Flathead screwdriver and a hammer. Lightly tap the corner of the nut while someone holds the faucet in place. Then when tight, offer the someone a beer (because they just saved you the money you would have spent on specialized tools).
                    Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Working...
                    X