Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with my new true tdd-1 keg-o

Hello

I am new to the Micro community but not new to beer.... I recently acquired the True TDD-1 for helping my aunt move, and I noticed it has some problems..

A little background of the unit... It is approx. 10 years old, been used for personal use only. (Actually I am almost positive the keg that is hooked up right now is the original keg with the original beer still in it) It has been pluggid in and been iside the entire time. I have a 5lb and 10lb bottle. both of the CO2 bottles are empty and the air from the condensor is not blowing cold

With that said when I broght it home the other day I noticed quite a bit of beer had been sitting in the tray and was nasty to say the least so I did a little spring cleaning if you will. By the time it was said and done I had removed the tower(not sure what all the technical terms are but I will try) or area where the beer is poured. I removed the hoses from the CO2 tank and the copuler that hooks up to the keg. I took all the fittings that go along with the tower apart and cleaned everything with boiling water and dried them before putting them back together.

The questions I have are...

1. Where is the most economical way to replace the hoses and where would I find them?
    2. When I was cleaning the tower, I removed the rod that runs through the center of the tower and hooks up to the draft line. What is the best way to connect this back?
    3. Is there a good diagram out there that shows how to hook up all the lines, CO2, etc?
    4. Has anyone had a problem with the condensor not blowing cold air? If so, how do you add the coolant?
    5. Lastly the temperature control dial does not appear to be working when in the OFF position, the fan turns no matter what the setting is on, is the switch okay?

Any info on the questions above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again

Originally posted by Beer Meister View Post
    The questions I have are...

1. Where is the most economical way to replace the hoses and where would I find them?
    2. When I was cleaning the tower, I removed the rod that runs through the center of the tower and hooks up to the draft line. What is the best way to connect this back?
    3. Is there a good diagram out there that shows how to hook up all the lines, CO2, etc?
    4. Has anyone had a problem with the condensor not blowing cold air? If so, how do you add the coolant?
    5. Lastly the temperature control dial does not appear to be working when in the OFF position, the fan turns no matter what the setting is on, is the switch okay?

Any info on the questions above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again

Welcome to our little world.

1) You can find what you need by clicking on the 'Beer Equipment Store' tab on the above left. Do not try to use hardware store tubing. It is not food grade & it will make your beer taste bad.

2) If you use the 'advanced search' function at the upper right you will find answers to most of your questions.

3) You can find that by clicking on this link & then click on the 'Anatomy of a Kegerator' video.

4) The condenser is located down by the compressor. If your evaporator, the coil inside, is not cooling then either your temperature control is not working or you have some sort of refrigeration problem i.e. compressor does not run or no refrigerant.

5) Which fan are you referring to? The evaporator fan runs constantly while the condenser fan only runs when the compressor runs. Does the compressor run when you cycle the temp control on/off?

THE ICEMAN
    Last edited by THE ICEMAN; 03-01-2010, 04:37 PM.
    My conversion ===------->> KILLER KEGERATOR
    "Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
    -Dave Barry-
    "We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards.
    Strong beer is the milk of the old."
    -Martin Luther-

Comment

TDD-1 owner

Welcome! When it comes to any refrigeration aspects of your unit, ICEMAN is the man to answer them. I had to do a full replacement of my TDD-4's innards last spring - took a couple of weeks, bits bought both here and there, but it is SO worth it. Join the social group I just created - it should help, along with these forums, in the long term with upkeep, maintenance, and common questions.

Comment

Working...
      X