Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C02 Volume of Blue Moon

Anyone know? Scott?

I think Coors makes it... so probably means +2 psi over my Amber Bock settings I'm guessing.. just want to confirm

-Seth
    -Seth

bump.. anyone know?

-Seth
    -Seth

Comment

no clue here iceman, have you tried calling the brewery?

Semper Fi,
      The Gunns

"Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy" - Benjamin Franklin

Im a MicroMatic Beer Fanatic! Are you?
      Semper Fi,
      The Gunns

Comment

Well, just picked up the keg, and it's a Coors keg [8D]

Right now I'm at 14psi/38 deg for the amber bock.. I don't have secondary regulators. I'm going to take the plunge with 14 on the blue moon and see what happens.

-Seth
        -Seth

Comment

Keep in mind that Blue Moon is a wheat ale and as such normally would have a higher CO2 volume. If I were you I would give the folks at Coors a call and find out exactly what it is...

Semper Fi,
          The Gunns

Semper Fi,
          The Gunns

Comment

True, true.. well, time for a secondary regulator setup I think

edit: found the nutritional info hehe

also a "blue moon fact sheet" with no co2 volume

-Seth
            -Seth

Comment

ok, thanks for the suggestion. Called Coors at 800-642-6116, the girl had no idea what CO2 volume is, but did tell me they recommend 16PSI @ 38F, sea level.

Time to buy more stuff from micromatic for sure

-Seth
              -Seth

Comment

secondary regulators... done!!

dropped the tank while I was working though, and broke the high side gauge time to get a new one

-Seth
                -Seth

Comment

2.75 volumes for Blue Moon.

Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute
                  Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

If anyone is interested.. I just got Blue Moon Honey Moon (summer ale).. fantastic refreshing beer. I called Coors and they recommended 12 psi @ 38 degrees.. so I've dialed in at 14 like most other domestics instead of the usual for 16 for blue moon white. If anyone disagrees post up
                    -Seth

Comment

Bump..

I am bumping this thread to try and get some additional information. I just bought my kegerator and am having nothing but foam problems with these 2 beers ( See my sig ). Has anyone had any success with these beers? I am going to try separating out the pressures to see if they need to be different. Temp is 34 in a cup of water in the kegerator and about 12psi. I will be experimenting with separating out the pressures and adding beer line to slow the pour but if anyone has any other suggestions I would like to hear them. All equipment is new so there should not be an dirty issues.

Thanks,
                      Noob keg owner.
                      BM23-Dual Faucet - Sea Level
                      Blue Moon(1/6) - Michelob Ultra (1/6)

Comment

They are starting to keg Blue Moon in Toronto which is kegged at 2.75 at about 800'. Not sure where this is heading since the new brewery in VA, but I do know some of it is heading south.
                        Draught Prophets
                        www.draughtprophets.ca

Comment

I just joined today as I was browsing the website. I am waiting on my keg of Blue Moon as we speak. The info is very useful so far. I have only had my kegorator for about a year and used Newcastle and Yuengling kegs. I keep the CO2 on 12 and so far no problems. I will post my experience with this new keg later this week. Seems Blue Moon is popular.

Comment

Hey everyone... I'm having a bit of a foaming problem with my Blue Moon keg also. Per some of the earlier posts I just upped the pressure a bit, but if anyone has any recent experience please post...

Comment

I tapped a keg of Blue Moon the other day and came across this page while trying to solve my foaming issues. I've ended up with perfect pours every time after extending my beer line. I'm running 10 1/2 feet of 3/16" tubing at 14 psi with 36 degree liquid temperature. I cut the 5' that came attached to my tower in half in case anyone is wondering why the 1/2 foot. Also I extended the line with a barbed coupling so I know there is some kind of restriction going on there and the line may need to be a little longer if running 1 complete piece of tubing.

Comment

Working...
                              X