Foam 3 sec after start of pour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foam 3 sec after start of pour

I have done some searching and have not found a similar problem mentioned. When I first start my pour the beer comes out smooth and clear. Then 2 or 3 seconds later I get a large burst of foam. This continues through the first few glasses but decreases with each glass (i.e. glass 1 90% foam, glass 2 60% foam, glass 3 25% foam). I am currently running 3/16" line that is 7' long, a pressure of 9-10 psi, and a temp on a glass of water in my kegerator is 35 degree F. The current beer in the system is Bell's Amber, but have had the same issue with Amberbock and Sam Adams Boston Lager. The kegerator is an Edgestar with changes in the thermostat and beer line. I thought it might be tower temp but the fact it is starting out correct and continuing through multiple glasses makes me think that might be incorrect. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Posted in the wrong area

Sorry, Posted this in the wrong area and can not figure out how to delete it in the edit option. If you know the answer I am still interested.

Comment

Be absolutely certain that your beer temperature is 35. Even so, your pressure is too low.

Use a calibrated thermometer and determine actual beer temperature. If you do have 35F,
      Bells being a 2.5 volume product, it requires 12 PSIG.
      Scott Zuhse, Instructor Micro Matic Dispense Institute

Comment

Working...
      X