Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can almost flat keg be rejuvenated

Hi,

I recently ran out of CO2 with newer keg. Without knowing this, prior to pouring, I let out pretty much all the CO2 prior to first pour with release valve. The beer has almost no bubbles in it and has sat for 3 days this way.

If I connect refilled tank to keg, will it "come back to life"?

Thanks,

dS

You may be able "force re-carbonate" the keg but it will be trial and error. When you get fresh CO2, crank the pressure up to 20 or so and shake the keg around a bit. Try leaving it there for a day or so and then check it. You may be surprised.

Comment

thanks hophead!

Comment

I would just set the co2 to your standard co2 pressure, and leave it that way for several days. Shake it a bit whenever you get a chance. Beer should be fine in 4-5 days.

You can force carb it with a higher pressure if you're in a hurry, but you run the risk of over carbonating it.

Home Brew IPA

Comment

Originally posted by dastro View Post
          Without knowing this, prior to pouring, I let out pretty much all the CO2 prior to first pour with release valve.
          Why did you do this? I ask because I know on another forum that someone recommends this before pouring and it gets taken as gospel. There is no need to do this on a properly balanced system. Really there is no need to do this on an unbalanced system.

To recarb, do as cubby suggested for the best results.
          Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
          but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Before the first pour, I let out a little which helps with the initial head. I've done many mods to my Danby based on info here and finally decided it wasn't worth the time, money, and most of all, the obsession. After the first pour, everything's fine. I just didn't realize I was out of co2 when I did it...

Comment

I don't get it, Dastro.

Let me see it I've got this right: You cut off the CO2, let out a puff from the release valve, pour your first beer o' the day, turn on the CO2.

So...You turned off the gas and failed to notice the pressure was low.

Unless:

Your not shutting off the CO2 supply before burping the gas, Then the regulator immediately replenishes the gas pressure and your right back where you started. Therefore; you have done nothing but waste some gas.
              Pilsner Urquell on tap

Comment

Working...
              X