Beer Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer Line

How do I make my beer line longer. Do I have to put a completely new line in or can I attach a longer section to my current beer line somehow?

Originally posted by davstrenio View Post
    How do I make my beer line longer. Do I have to put a completely new line in or can I attach a longer section to my current beer line somehow?
    You can do either one. Beer line is cheap so I would replace the whole thing but putting in a splicer will work.

Comment

Beer Line

How do I attach the line to the tower, it looks kind of tricky...any ideas?

Comment

It depends on how it is connected. If it is crimped on, cut off the old crimp and replace with a hose clamp.

Keep in mind that the top of the tower pops off making it easier to get to.
        Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
        but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Originally posted by davstrenio View Post
          How do I attach the line to the tower, it looks kind of tricky...any ideas?
          If you have a one piece soldered elbow shank like this one then it will be easiest to remove the faucet and shank from the tower so you can get to the bottom of the elbow where the line is attached. If you have an older flare nut shank you can just loosen the flare nut and the elbow will come out of the back of the shank. Look at the picture of the Micro-Matic shank I linked and if your shank looks like that you will have to remove the shank from the tower. If your shank has a flare nut that the elbow goes through where it attaches to the shank then you can just loosen it and remove the elbow without having to remove the faucet/shank from the tower.

Then it's just a matter of doing what psychodad said. Cut the old line off and put on the new one with a hose clamp.

Comment

Hose clamps are not necessary on the beer line. I haven't run any in four years and haven't had any problems. In fact I always have to pry the line off the nipple with a screwdriver.

Comment

So you are willing to risk possibly a $100 or more keg of beer to save a buck on a hose clamp?
              Malt is the soul of beer... and yeast gives it life..
              but the kiss of the hop is the vitality of that life!

My three favorite beers: The one I just had, the one I'm drinking now and the next one I'll have.

http://kegerator-social-network.micr...bygrouptherapy

Comment

Liquids have a nasty way of finding any open crevice or crack to leak through, even if not visible by eye or a brunt force check (ie pulling to see if it the line comes off the barb). First keg I ever tapped in my kegerator had a leak in one of the barb connections that I didn't put a clamp on.

I 2nd hose clamp.

Comment

2 clamps 2 bucks you bet. Do you need them on a brand new line, likely not. But over time without the support they provide the line can age and stretch. Are you willing to take the chance to save 2 dollars? If you you're the type of person who answers yes then just one more question. If at sometime in the future the line did fail and pop off spilling all that beer, from that point on would you use clamps them?
                  Last edited by pvs6; 10-26-2009, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X